New Mazda BT50 one ugly mother f.r

Page 1 / 2
phoenix_26, May 31, 8:57am
With its big goofy grin on the front LoL.

gamerman_64, May 31, 9:08am
Jesus.

Why do Mazda love putting faces on their cars!

tlronny, May 31, 10:51am
The tail lights arnt much better lol

bubbles244, May 31, 8:23pm
So it makes the ford ranger with a an extra 10K on its price tag more appealing.

bellky, May 31, 8:29pm

thunderbolt, May 31, 9:08pm

richardmayes, May 31, 9:39pm
Seconded, it's a better-looking truck than many I've seen.

But why would you care about the styling and looks of a double cab farm truck!

cuda.340, May 31, 9:43pm
i'd take a BT50 over that Mitsi thingy

freedomaira320, May 31, 9:53pm
Looks good to me. Makes all other trucks look dated overnight.

cuda.340, May 31, 9:55pm
the Ranger looks too much like the Hilux, definately nothing looks quite the same as the BT50.

friendly_prawn, May 31, 10:12pm
They are all friggen ugly. Trying for the big ass yank look where bigger is better. Blerrk. Stupid window dressing.
Bring back the old 80s' and 90s' practicle style hilux look.

Thats some thing I dont understand. They have something like the old 80's 90s' hilux that was very popular then they stop making them! Why, if they are so popular why not just keep making them.
Gee, you only have to look at the rediculous prices asked for high K old Hilux's to get an idea of just how popular they are.
So why stop making a popular style! I dont get it! Any one know!

freedomaira320, May 31, 10:36pm
Because they don't/can't make vehicles for the conservative part of the NZ market only. Elsewhere, if they don't update regularly and keep their vehicles fresh and modern they lose sales, namely because these vehicles are primarily recreational/lifestyle vehicles in those markets, and new styling is important.

At the end of the day, the NZ market is a pimple on the backside of world sales, so they way we buy vehicles doesn't matter a hoot.

friendly_prawn, May 31, 10:40pm
good post. cheers fredomaira

I just had this vision that the old shape hilux's were very popular in all countries they were sold in. I had no idea that only us NZers loved the old shaped Hilux's. I guess they were a very practicle vehicle for NZ where as over seas likes to dress up for the jonses more!

freedomaira320, May 31, 10:46pm
Oddly enough, even Aussies embrace newer styling better than us. The Mitsubishi Triton, which has always been a rotten seller here because nobody liked the way it looked, has been a great success over there. I think we're inherently a very conservative market when it comes to trucks - I think you can trace that back to our "black singlet and gumboots" attitude.

wasser61, May 31, 10:55pm
Everyone over is buying the new BT50, and I think it looks great.

net_oz, May 31, 11:07pm
They loved it because that was all there was. In saying that there was nothing pretty about them. Practical is a word that isn't heard of these days. So many like these gay looking vehicles now that you would think all the owners were gay. Bloody poofters.

cuda.340, Jun 1, 12:49am
having the previous model BT50 & enjoying a trouble free run, i can appreciate the new interior styling being more practical than the model i have. also the slightly bigger body will suit me better, only wish the freestyle cab had some of the top line features, but i guess it's designed for the commercial market, not the luxury car one.

phoenix_26, Jun 1, 7:30am
I own a previous model and dont rate them. Although they are reliable the suspension and braking isnt flash. Mine developed a noise in the steering wheel after only 9000km. The trim isnt finished to a very good standard. Wouldnt dream of updating to the new model. Ive spoken to tradies that have tested them all and most rate the new Navara. For looks and a smooth ride you cant fault it.

cuda.340, Jun 1, 8:24am
you want to talk crap trim, go see how badly the hilux trim scuffs n cracks.

friendly_prawn, Jun 1, 9:30pm
lol net_oz, well I wouldnt have put it quite like that but .

hyphen, Jun 1, 11:03pm
as far as styling goes, don't forget that the Jap cars are designed and built by a generation brought up on 'giant robots' and probably like to think they are sitting inside a hi-tech robots head attacking the world with it

gman35, Jun 1, 11:13pm
So what is the deal suddenly with these latest (BT50/Ranger/Colorado etc) over-sized and over-high bonneted/high rear trayed utes , surely the practicle side is now overly outweighed by the sheer external bulk ! I know people have commented that after purchase , they find they actually cannot reach some things in the tray on them, and as far as reaching a ladder on any fitted canopy , they need another one first to get to it !

wrong2, Jun 1, 11:35pm
or the fact that we actually use them off road

vtecintegra, Jun 1, 11:41pm
None of these utes are aimed at Japan any more - I don't think you can even by a Hilux there these days

gman35, Jun 1, 11:42pm
Would like to know where off road is big enough for these new things.