Which is worse Caldina GTT vs Avenir GT4Z.

aragorn2003, May 25, 7:06am
In terms of reliability , petrol guzzling wise and comfort!

Or just your personal experience of said vehicles.

vtecintegra, May 25, 7:13am
I had an Avenir GT4Z for a number of years and found it a fairly good vehicle - it has an extremely large load area for a mid sized wagon and was dead reliable.

There are definitely some downsides though - fuel consumption is quite poor (12-3l/100kms usually), the four speed auto (and they're all auto) is primitive and handling clearly wasn't a priority for Nissan on this model (the rear suspension especially has been designed to not intrude into the load area)

To be honest I'd have preferred the Caldina, but back when I was looking they were double the price of the Nissans.

ryanm2, May 25, 7:17am
I had a Caldina GTT. Used pretty much the same fuel as my Subaru GTB. Never broke down (nor have any cars ive owned in last 10 years though), quite bland interior, quite underwhelming really. Mine was an auto.

aragorn2003, May 25, 7:17am
thanks for that! .was the gtt abit more kinder on the wallet in term of petrol!

aragorn2003, May 25, 7:18am
yeah aren't they! all the caldinas of that age are boooring

trish1979, May 25, 7:20am
Have owned a 1997 Caldina Gtt Manual and would purchase again only sold so i could purchase first home. Give it a couple of years and ill find another. in terms of fuel heavy foot got me 350km to tank light foot 400km never had any trouble with it purchased at 40,000kms sold at 90,000km

kevymtnz, May 25, 7:29am
i was gonna buy a Caldina but since driving the manual one from work im glad i didnt, no power in low revs and to higher geared i eneded up with an Avenir due to was 2k reduced, CVT is hard to get use to n handles ok with 215s on,heavy on gas if ya give it lots but found using the 6 manual gears was better easy do 500k on a tank about 10/12km/L

vtecintegra, May 25, 7:31am
We're talking about the turbo 4wd versions though, they're significantly different to the basic models.

kevymtnz, May 25, 7:39am
Turbo or not no difreally apart from turbos make Subs last 50% less

mantagsi, May 26, 3:20am
I currently own a 5spd manual '97 Caldina GTT, so far it has been an excellent car, far more power than I need! The hardest part when purchasing was finding one that was totally original and untouched ie; no goons mucking around bolting on aftermarket parts that do more harm than good. I was pretty lucky to find a standard one and I am more than happy with it. I think it looks a bit nicer than the avenir. One thing, watch out for a dodgy warped exhaust manifold and also check the top tank of the radiator, pretty common to have issues with both of these. They can be fixed but it is a bit of a nuisance having to muck about

aragorn2003, May 26, 3:53am
I have been trying to get ahold of a bz touring carib manual ( the later model 6 speed ones) but they're like a needle in a haystack and when they do pop up people want an arm and a leg for them

vtecintegra, May 26, 4:58am
260hp I believe - even with the auto it feels a lot quicker than the Avenir which is heavier and has 230ish

Those TT Legacies are all over the place, some feel good some are horrible (even with no mods) - they haven't aged well