New Navara 4x4 versus New Hilux 4x4

Page 2 / 3
gman35, May 29, 10:27pm
Just the "550" Navara has the Renault-v6 (and a bigger price) , heartily aggree with you on the size of new utes , literally just the last few month's new models of Ford/Mazda/Colorado etc seem to have gone crazy, and many trades-people are finding the height and tray sizes much less practicle.

hfc2, May 30, 7:40am
100% correct bert37.

mrcat1, May 30, 8:13am
Can't agree with you more, i have a Navara 450 as a work ute, can't get in with muddy boots or anything dirty as its all carpet and clothe.

maddog007, May 30, 8:19am
new hiluxs ive driven are noisy, gutless & have a bone jarring ride. Navara seems better, ranger is a good option, but why not just spend the bit extra & get a vehicle twice as good . like a VW ute

Oh & the Colorado is not much better than a great wall.

mrcat1, May 30, 8:57am
The VW is known for not having enough power.

maddog007, May 30, 10:07am
Well its better than a Hilux. & has a much better transmission.

hfc2, Jun 3, 6:14am
just been with a cocky in a new ranger, he loves it, down south you are on a waiting list for these, my neighbour is number 74 on that list. unreal.

h.e, Jun 3, 7:59am
the navara has been built for offroad use.i mean with a turning circle like it has there is no way it was built for the road

grangies, Jun 3, 8:30am
Suzuki have been placing some great advertisements in the rural newspapers lately.

They show how small but go anywhere on your entire farm practical they are.

Small enough to push out of a bog, yet they are an actual proper road legal vehicle.

amberjandal, Jun 3, 10:14am
Hilux all the way over Navara

r15, Jun 3, 8:28pm
oh i thought that was designed for desserts - where there in unimited turning area

thejazzpianoma, Jun 3, 8:40pm
The Amarok is still far superior to both the Navara and Hilux, why you wouldn't compare them to the best in the class I do not know!

Nissan and Toyota have had their day in the sun when it comes to Ute's, they are now well behind the game. What is even more amusing is people are still buying the Hilux for "reliability" when the new Hilux is anything but reliable.

austingtir, Jun 3, 9:47pm
Amarok is underpowered for the price they are asking.I would still buy a nissan anyday over an amarok.

h.e, Jun 3, 10:19pm
the street i work in when cars are parked on both sides stock trucks can pass each other with heaps of room ,the bosses navara cant turn around from gutter to gutter.the brakes are another issue,the previous model had none to speak of,but the 450 to scared to even look at incase i get sent through the windscreen

mrcat1, Jun 4, 9:05am
The Hilux have 126kw and 343Nm of torque, The Amorok has 120Kw and 400Nm of torque. depends what side of the fence you stand on, more Kw or more Nm.

austingtir, Jun 4, 9:08am
And nissan blows them all into the weeds.

mrcat1, Jun 4, 9:08am
I had a 2005 D22 and had no brake issues, after 185km of heavy work it was still on the original pads and shoes. I now have a ST-X 450 and would say the brakes are only better because of ABS. But you talk about having good brakes like that's something wrong, when you have 3 tonne in behind you the more brakes you have the merrier. You should have your seatbelt on anyway so shouldn't throw you thru the screen.

mrcat1, Jun 4, 9:09am
Amen.

amberjandal, Jun 4, 9:17am
Dont think so Jazz , cant tow , the little torque it does have delivered way to high in the rev range making it just about unusable and costs a bomb for the tricky stuff that Ranger and soon Colorado have as standard. Might go alright on the motorway but thats it. VW should stick to hairdressers cars not Kiwi farmers.

h.e, Jun 4, 9:26am
went to have a look at a mitsi charger x.cant deny they are a bit on the ugly side but at nearly 20k cheaper than the navara and hilux with similar kw and Nm and a better factory warranty bloody great value

gunhand, Jun 4, 9:37am
They all bend and break just the same as each other. And now they have huge doors and well deck sides that take twice as much product and time therefor cost twice as much to repair than an older one. The interiours look crap after a bit of actaul farm use. I know I groomed one the other day and the plastics were terrible to clean and even though cleaned and armouralled still looked 50 years old lol.
I think with all theelectronic gizmos if they are actually put on a farm bumping and crashing around will give all manner of probs in a few years.
To me all they are now are a oversize family car that you have plenty of room to put shopping in. then not be able to get it out without a ladder when they slide forward. Why do you need back up sensors on a farm! Have cockies been backing into things in all the past models!. and sat nav! Most know there way round the back paddock, dont they! Mind you the ipod connection will keep ya happy during lambing no doubt.
I bet quad sales will go up as cockies realise there 50k ute are abit flash to get wet shit and afterberth in.
OH, and matching the peely finish has never been easier.

skiff1, Jun 4, 10:22am
nah you cant get them road legal, frames not ancap compliant and the motors emmisions standard too low

skiff1, Jun 4, 10:23am
motor too small
wheels too small
tranmission to electric

bent_ate, Jun 4, 2:42pm
Im in mining an we use 2010 ( i think) turbo diesel hiluxs,, they are a terrible bumpy ride but got plenty of pull, quite fun to drive actually,,, but dont buy one if you have back problems

designerliving, Jun 4, 7:08pm
A great deal of them have already started failing, i know someone who traded out of one within 6 weeks, swears it was the biggest mistake of his life, quite content with his new Navara