Holden ignition

jurseygurl, Jun 6, 9:02am
i have just got a new ignition today anyonehow to put them back in!

typhoon666, Jun 6, 9:03am
what year,model,motor size.

skin1235, Jun 6, 9:04am
this is for a 2011 clubsport, or an FJ!, different sized hammers for each model

jurseygurl, Jun 6, 9:06am
1997 vt v6

realtrader1, Jun 6, 9:09am
Hi everyone.I have just got a new ignition (SWITCH!) today for my.(MAKE).(MODEL).-
.(YEAR).(ENGINE/CHA-
SSIS NO.).I AM REPLACING THE OLD ONE BECAUSE.Does anyone know how to (TAKE OUT THE OLD ONE AND PUT THE NEW ONE IN!)Thanks in advance!

skin1235, Jun 6, 9:10am
and this is a new barrel and key you have purchased!
reason I ask is it is not that uncommon for thieves to carry a few spare barrels, especially when out to fulfil an order for say oh a vt holden
best bet would be to drop it into a holden dealer for an hour

skin1235, Jun 6, 9:12am
now don't get upset by the above, you really don't want us to describe in detail how to remove the barrel and replace it with one of your own, knowing that as we describe it toy you others not so nice maybe reading as well

jurseygurl, Jun 6, 9:14am
yes i got new ignition and a key today. i cant get it in to my holden dealer as i have got the old barrel out and the new one sitting on my bench i am asking this question as i am a female and am wanting to put my barrel back in my car as my husband is away for 2 weeks and now i have no vechile!

mugenb20b, Jun 6, 9:17am
Installation is usually done in reverse order of removal.

mugenb20b, Jun 6, 9:18am
That's easy, go to the bench and pick up the new barrel and take it to a Holden dealer. If you are an AA member, give them a ring, they may be able to assist.

jurseygurl, Jun 6, 9:22am
thanks skin1235 ill try look online for more advice

skin1235, Jun 6, 9:22am
earlier ones used a single pin with the key in acces position to lock the barrel in, you found a way to depress that pin to remove it, reverse order to put it back, make sure you get the slot way in the back aligned or it won't go in properly

soph001, Jun 7, 1:12am
To remove the old one you would have turned the key to accessories, then poked something down a hole facing the driver, and it would have slid out.

I suggest you turn the new ignition barrel to accessories position until the little spring loaded thing can be pushed down, and slide the barrel in.

This is how it is done properly, without knowing how much damage was done removing the original one, it's hard to guide any further.

Btw, NOW before you put the new one in is the time to get a locksmith to make it match your existing key.