Navara - any comments?

austingtir, Jul 11, 7:26am
These are pretty good at high mileage not as good as the d22's though imho.That one is a little overpriced aswell. Id offer 24-25 max.You can pick those up on turners with around that mileage for more than a few grand less than that if you are patient and not fussy.

austingtir, Jul 11, 7:29am
Toyota's fetch a primium price as they cost more new and have a good reputation going back a loooong time.Nothing much between them though i think i prefer nissan as i know where to get parts cheap.

jenny188, Jul 11, 9:26am
Ran the earlier models at a mine in N.Z that I worked for in the 90's.I'm tall over 6 foot and still had trouble parking in confined spaces as bonnet obscured tips of front guards. Motors were totally reliable. We also ran Toyota's and Mitsubishi 4x4. Mitsui's were easiest to drive and Toyotas were the best in totally bad situations. No surprises there.

msigg, Jul 11, 9:49am
nNice looking truck,wouldn't mind it myself.

supernova2, Jul 11, 10:57am
Mates got one of those.He recently got pinged at 189Km so they obviously go quite well!

3beers, Jul 11, 11:57am
Shop around . The dealers will be well stocked with tradeins from the feild days . That 1 seems to be a little on the dear side . it is only a series one version . (doesnt have the indicators in the wing mirrors . and has the folding passenger front seat which some found uncomfortable because the lumber support was too high up the seat)

owene, Jul 18, 10:26pm
Thanks for comments, finally did buy it at 4k below advertised. Have now driven 2000k in it half with a 3 ton load on the back and imho it knocks spots off the Hilux in terms pf both comfort and towing grunt. Has a 3000kg rated towbar and a 6 speed manual box.

gman35, Jul 18, 11:34pm
Drove my uncle's one once and really had no confidence I was selecting the right gear , many times got fifth rather than third etc as the 6 cogs seemed VERY close in the shifter gate , how have you found the gearchange !