Whats a good car to buy for around $10,000-12000?

Page 2 / 2
tonyrockyhorror, Jul 8, 4:28am
.should HAVE given you.

mugenb20b, Jul 8, 4:39am
should've

edangus, Jul 8, 4:43am
BMW V8 will fit in that price range.

cookiepnga, Jul 8, 5:55am
Looking at a 98 Rav 3 door, 160k. $6500

mugenb20b, Jul 8, 6:00am
The price is ridiculous imo. $6500 can buy a much newer and better car. Although, RAVs do retain their value for some reason. Apart from that, they handle like a balloon full of porridge, the seats push on your inner thighs and you can't have a conversation in the car due to so much road noise.

cookiepnga, Jul 8, 6:06am
Balloon full of porridge, yum. Hahaha good one, thanks.

doggitt, Jul 8, 6:10am
or helpful to.

doggitt, Jul 8, 6:11am
Okay, keep ya panties on lol

doggitt, Jul 8, 6:11am
I'd admit it is biased but a person with intelligence can make good use of it.

grangies, Jul 8, 6:14am
Indeed.

The RAV4 feels like a disgusting Diahatsu Terrios with a slightly bigger body and engine.

barrie2, Jul 8, 6:34am
Dare I mention a PT Cruiser.! Oh, ok then I better not.

flack88, Jul 8, 6:36am
Audi a6 quattrov8,dont buy rav4,or crv blerk!

stevo2, Jul 8, 6:39am
$10 - $12k puts you into Mazda Axela territory

crosis_nz, Jul 8, 6:46am
There there, never mind. Just relax and we will find someone to guide you back into the Old Lake Alice Hospital Residents chat room.

vtecintegra, Jul 8, 9:43am
I have one too, the DI 3l with 5 speed

Edit: for content the issue is they need the correct fluid at the right interval. If the wrong stuff has been used that is very bad news. Fairly expensive but not a place to skimp http://www.cvt.co.nz/Warning.htm

n1smo_gtir, Jul 8, 9:54am
where's jazz's input here=P

austingtir, Jul 8, 10:09am
And putting the incorrect fluid in the transmission is the cars fault how!Its clearly stated under the bonnet on a sticker to change at 100,000kms with the designated code for the oil.You'll find a huge swathe of cars now have to use a certain type of fluid for the auto or dsg or whatever type of transmission or you'll screw it.There are some shady mechanics around though that im sure mess it up by "mistake".

stevexc, Jul 8, 11:01am
I've got a RAV4 with 160km which I'd sell for 4k (if I was selling it), so even the retaining value theory doesn't explain why it's $6500.Also everything you said about them is true.

They are useful and reliable but should be avoided like the plague unless you have a real use for it.My reaons are snow, silt and pot holes.

msigg, Jul 8, 7:10pm
Nice reliable vehicle the RAV 4. Easy t enter ans exit, good alround car. take one for a test drive.

skyblue17, Jul 8, 8:16pm
How exactly does a seat push on your INNER thighs.! An ex-g/f drives one.I'm surprised she hasn't told me about this novelty.

bellky, Jul 8, 9:02pm
Not funny.

eagles9999, Jul 8, 9:29pm
Got me going too, Now I know why the wife insists we use her RAV 4formost journeys.

skyblue17, Jul 8, 9:43pm
Hehe and to think people are basing their car-buying on recommendations they read here. Bit scary.

1xr6, Jul 9, 10:52am
a chev, dont even consider anything else .