Nissan Terrano Spare Tyre

e_babe, Jul 9, 2:46am
Ours is currently mounted on the back or our wagon and we wish to change it so that it is mounted underneath. Where is the best place to get these brackets from and what exactly are they called.

johnf_456, Jul 9, 6:23am
Yup, generally because the differential is in its spot been 4wd

supernova2, Jul 9, 6:37am
is there and difference in the placement of the diff between the Navara and the Terrano!Or is the gas tank in the way!If not the Navara wheel carrier should just bolt straight onto the chassis cross rail.
The one on post 4 is the latter model and I think it might be inside the luggage area on the side.

OP dod you really want to have to crawl under the back of your "truck' to get the wheel out if you need it!

mugenb20b, Jul 9, 6:46am
Bollocks!

skin1235, Jul 9, 6:48am
what ever happened to the landrover spare wheel storage!
the terrano would look good kitted like the old series 1 and 2

40wav, Jul 9, 6:49am
My Commodore ute has both a rear diff and a spare wheel up under the back. How can this be!

johnf_456, Jul 9, 6:52am
Depends on the car of course but that is why 4wd's "generally" have it on the back. Due to the extra running gear underneath then the fuel tank makes it a bit tight for room. Some vehicle makers allow for it but you get a smaller boot inside the car, others prefer to bolt it on the back boot.

johnf_456, Jul 9, 6:53am
Like I said "generally", meaning its not the case for all vehicles. Have you not noticed a lot of the tyres on the back.When I say 4wd I mean a proper off roading 4wd not just a ordinary car with 4wd drive train.

NZTools, Jul 9, 6:55am
No, they dont mount it underneath as it destoys the exit angle. Ie it will get torn off when you drive through a ditch.

johnf_456, Jul 9, 6:56am
Good point to add as well.

missus_j, Jul 9, 6:57am
We have a 96 Terrano and ours is underneath.Was like that when we brought it.

mugenb20b, Jul 9, 6:58am
bought

supernova2, Jul 9, 8:45am
The WD21 was 1985-1995 and had wheel on back.The R50 was 96 - 2004 and has the wheel somewhere other than on the back.

kramsnave, Jul 9, 9:04am
Wow, there is a whole lot of average advice going on here. If you have a r50 terrano the spare fits under no problems, try some wreckers to get the cradle and mounts, if you have a look underneath all the holes are there ready to go, and if you open the spare tyre gate you will see the slot already there for the winder. The only thing to check is the tow bar as there are a couple of different styles to allow room for the tyre underneath. Took me about an hour to remove the gate and mount the tyre underneath, no loss in departure angle either!