Cops at gas stations

Page 3 / 4
friendly_prawn, Jul 4, 11:27pm
why! I never bother to pay my fines.
Havent paid any in years. If you ignore them, they just go away.

johnf_456, Jul 4, 11:28pm
Really

friendly_prawn, Jul 5, 12:13am
yes for sure.to many people give in to the bully boy tactics by the police and our local councils and law makers.
Think about it, why would anyone invent the saying "laws are made to be broken"Make sense to you now!
just dont pay them and they all just dissappear. :-)

hamishcookie, Jul 5, 12:23am
I doubt if BP will say no to them, for the amount of sales it might cost them won't even be a drop in the ocean compared to the fuel the police fleet puts though them.

elect70, Jul 5, 2:48am
Got collect as much revenue as possible , & can get his daily quotawhile having donut &coffee .Tough job .

gedo1, Jul 5, 2:48am
You don't pay your fines!Hmmm. a couple of things occurred to me when I read that.Firstly that to receive fines must mean you are breaking road rules and laws etc. Secondly I wonder if you license your vehicle and thus pay the ACC portion - or do we cover you when you are injured! Thirdly prepare for the big oops when you are pulled up by an officer who checks your history (as they are doing in an increasing manner these days with their smart devices) see you have outstanding fines and then take your plates away or impound your vehicle thus adding to your woes.Just a friendly thought for you to consider.

elv, Jul 5, 3:00am
Yes - the fines just go away. They get presented to court and become a court fine. Then they go for collection and if you still don't pay them they go back to court. If you don't turn up for court they become an arrest warrant. Then they come and take you away for a free PD holiday.

friendly_prawn, Jul 5, 3:39am
License my vehicle! you joking bro. That costs money. kaching kaching.
Money that could be spent much more wisely else where.
Why do you think I would want to help pay your ACC! You dont binge drink on tui's do you!
Boy I had enough of this kaka. Im off to the pub. later dude.

friendly_prawn, Jul 5, 3:39am
Yeah me bad ass. *beats chest and jumps up and down*

friendly_prawn, Jul 5, 3:40am
bhahahahahahaha. yah reckon.
So which id of mine they going to chase. Fines. Never paid one yet. Never will. The saying a fool and his money are soon parted springs to mind.

friendly_prawn, Jul 5, 5:36am
must admit, I cant believe you guys still take anything I say seriously.

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 5, 5:44am
You should know better than to jump to that conclusion.

nightboss, Jul 5, 5:48am
And the Oscar for "Longest Link on a messageboard thread" goes to .

friendly_prawn, Jul 5, 6:15am
ok, you got me. post 67 was just me being silly.

outbidyou2, Jul 5, 6:41am
hook, line, sinker. little upstarts

steve56467, Jul 5, 7:00am
So does your car lmao

friendly_prawn, Jul 5, 8:08am
STill got it. Its in my mummys name. :-)

countrypete, Jul 5, 8:15am
Back in the early '80's I worked in Wellington, always parked outside work, and got a ticket most days.I used to send them back marked "return to sender".Never paid them.One say, at 7am there was a knock on the door, I was in the shower and my wife answered to find a large policeman with a summons, (or warrant or something I don't recall) who told her I had 24 hours to pay orwould be arrested.I paid.Funny thing was, I worked out that what I ended up paying was still good value for inner city parking for around 18 months.Wouldn't try that now though, that was before the fines system was computerised.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 5, 8:21am
It was the same when I was in Wellington, $10 for a parking ticket right outside the door of work or $28 (I think) for earlybird parking next door.

My other solution was just to ride the Vespa and park under the building for free. We had a bloke with a wide wheelchair park who was kind enough to share it with myself and a mate, so long as we parked in just the right place so we were not in his way.

statesman001, Jul 6, 7:04am
There was a cop moonlighting as a pump jockey in the lower nth island back in the 90,s.Needless to say, if it wasnt for the fact it was the only petrol station for about half an hour in either direction,and he was the only traffic coppa around,his work shifts were closely monitored when he was on and off.

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 6, 9:20am
Yeah, I'm not Tinyurling it because some no-life retard likes to follow me around like a lost puppy, bleating to the TardMe 'moderators', about anything and everything, who clearly lack the ability to think logically for themselves and just send me 'warnings'.

And I quote "Please refrain from posting links that. disguise their true address. This includes the use of services that shorten web addresses, like tinyurl.com.

If we continue to receive complaints about your behaviour your Message Board privileges may be temporarily or permanently removed."

Does the hat fit! I bet it does! LMFAO

johnf_456, Jul 6, 9:22am
You can shorten that link

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 6, 9:23am
I know I CAN. See post #78.

johnf_456, Jul 6, 9:26am
I don't see it mentioned in the rules about it. Strange

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 6, 9:35am
Not really. The 'rules' are vague and deliberately open ended so that the whims of whichever particular weiner is on can apply an interpretation based primarily on how much they were bullied at school and then seek retribution on anyone that doesn't bow before them.

I don't begrudge them that - it's all the power they have in their life.