.Just.Wow (4X4 River Crossing NZ Video)

Page 2 / 2
sr2, Jul 5, 6:09am
Yes I agree,probibly not a good look.

steve56467, Jul 5, 6:45am
Looks like they all had a lot of fun. Getting a toureg dirty! Oh dear I think not!

craig04, Jul 5, 6:47am
You reckon! They can't handle sand. Remember!

steve56467, Jul 5, 6:55am
And you wouldn't want to spill your latte on your louis vutton handbag anyway.

captjohnson, Jul 5, 9:05am
Iv been offroading for a few years now and they were being idiots. I hate the nanny state idioligy hate overbearing rules and regulations that make it that men cant go being men and let off some steam but real men dont have to throw their trucks into a flooded river that fast and act like that. thats too many boys with too many egos going on there, also alot of people are using the toureg and the new hilux prados landcruiser 200 series tritons and the new rangers over in other countries for four wheel driving and they go great! Only in NZ do we belive that the only offroad vehicles are cheap beat up trucks that have been thrashed lifted sky high and to offroad it involves going fast and hard and breaking the vehicle and the enviroment to have fun nah i have had much more fun following the mud tracks around taking it slow =) Dont have the huge repair bill at the end and didnt smash the area up so i know i havnt pissed the greenies off so they dont close the place off. Want to go nuts! Find a mud bog they are around and made for it =)

neville48, Jul 5, 9:29am
looks like fun. they drive old modified beat-ups because they can afford them and work on them themselves without a second mortgage. they go fast and thrash them because thats what they built them for. the booze was a no-no, dont need that in that mix aye. the greenies can go jump. what damage can they do to a river! run over a geriatric eel, what does a flood do to a river.ban floods ok Leave a bit of fun to be had, even though it might hurt.

bent_ate, Jul 5, 10:47am
+1, hell yea!

sr2, Jul 5, 11:11am
I must point out that VW Touregs have won the Paris-Dakar more than once, in 2010 they managed 1st, 2nd & 3rd running diesels!

sw20, Jul 5, 11:18am
bet they had DSG boxes too

phillip.weston, Jul 5, 11:39am
A Paris-Dakar Toureg is nothing like the road going model. By using that same ideology, that must mean the Pajero is the best off-roader in the world given that they STILL hold the record for the most Paris-Dakar wins and they haven't been competing for years now!

sr2, Jul 5, 11:46am
LOL, and I??

sr2, Jul 5, 11:48am
I think you might be stating the obvious, we are talking one of the most brutal rallys in the world here!

serf407, Jul 5, 10:10pm
VWs have been going off road for a long time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_K%C3%BCbelwagen

serf407, Jul 5, 10:28pm
The Race Touaregs gearboxes were Xtracs but I would not be surprised if VW pulled the boxes apart and x-rayed all the components and put them back together their way.
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/69803603/Download---2011-Dakar-Rally http://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/how-to-build-a-dakar-winner/

sr2, Jul 6, 6:40am
I've run Xtrac boxes in the past; they are world leaders in buildingcustom race boxes, VW will have been buying into their expertise, (you don't buy a dog and wag your own Tail).

brants, Jul 6, 6:57am

zephyrheaven, Jul 6, 7:29am
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=YRTK9Ztz_K4&feature=related
Turn it up LOUD

This is my fave mudding video ATM, loads of tall poppy people hate the yank stuff ya ya ya to wide / too hard to modify (hell, these guys are in Alabama - come on) the chick in the red shirt has the cutest ass Ive seen in weeks - the list goes on
Shame my 80 series could idle thru that first bit lol - chevy way too many revs, turns swampers from slicks from too slow to slicks from too fast!

As for the OP, I am a bit on the fence - loads of flaming on 4x4 sites around NZ - OK, I might have played in a few places I shouldnt have over the years - never pee'd anyone off personally & had a few laughs while I was at it - didnt video it I guess, thats the clincher.

It looked like fun, old crummy trucks nobody cares about & nobody got hurt
The drinking bit - well, thats their thing - again - try policing that many people on a run

BUT & this is the noise Im worried about - ECAN & their terrifying regime might get a hold of this vid & use it as leverage, THAT is scary - for anyone that isnt unlucky enough to live under the umbrella of ECAN - they are a little like the L Ron Hubbard crowd, making up science as they wish it & damn reality / actual figures

I digress, my own fourby is now too valuable for a bash down the 'mak - so I roll with mates on 'trips' we make up instead

302cortina, Jul 6, 8:03am
good on them.nothing wrong with it.

mrfxit, Jul 6, 8:05am
Scary buggers in this lot,
What safety gear apart from roll cages & seatbelts
Spot the kid in the 4x4 cart
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=9CfJkINC_fo&feature=relmfu

johnf_456, Jul 6, 8:11am
Yep a small few ruin it for everyone because some choose to go over the top and drink. But then again some say its fun, sure wouldn't be fun if you hurt yourself while drunk or even permanently injured someone else.

zephyrheaven, Jul 6, 8:12am
Yes, that would be a pity