Landcruiser oil level increases by it self ,weird

Page 1 / 4
jsc1, Aug 7, 12:42pm
Me again .I had the injectors replaced and the seals n the the injector pump done .Now the level has stopped rising.
Howerver the vibration that started before I got it to the garage is still there.It vibrates when cold and is noticible through the seat but gets less when it warms up .Any idea what that could be! Kinda feels like the rubber has been from one of the engine mounts but they have been checked.What else would overfilling of the engine would be blocked or damaged!

kazbanz, Aug 7, 10:46pm
jsc- does your truck have a fast idle (a knob that speeds the idle up)
Given the vibes go away when its hot I wonder if its just a case of a very slow idle when cold. raising it even 200rpm might smooth things out

jsc1, Aug 8, 4:02am
I know know what you mean but tried that thanks

counsel1, Aug 8, 4:05am
maybe your neighbour is pissing in.

jsc1, May 25, 10:55am
Ive noticed when ive done an oil change on the landcruiser 80 series the oil level get higher according to the dipstick over a couple of weeks every time.Either theres some sort of problem with it or its a Miracle and my car is making its own oil and i should inform the vatican.

jsc1, May 25, 10:56am
diesel engine by the way

pandai, May 25, 10:56am
Parking on a different incline, or checking the oil at different times (eg cold and then after being run), or something leaking into the oil system!

johnf_456, May 25, 11:03am
It does take time for the oil level to drop back down to the sump once it has had a good run.

unclejake, May 25, 11:03am
I would be inclined to have a good sniff of the oil to see if it is contaminated with fuel

stevo2, May 25, 5:56pm
As above or blown headgasket and water is getting into the sump.
Cheers Stevo

NZTools, May 25, 6:53pm
Uncklejake is on to it. Most likely is the front seal of the injector pump leaking, allowing diesel to slowly leak into your sump.

fair_lane, May 25, 7:06pm
Get GGH in ChCh to do an oil sample test, costs about $40 from memory.

les6, May 25, 7:09pm
it does not take a`a couple of weeks`!dork!

mrfxit, May 25, 8:21pm
DING, yep OR water, but then again water would be pretty obvious
Presuming fuel leakage , then it's going to be thinning your oil really badly . but then again you should have a pretty clean engine inside by now.
Any oil leaks (tappet cover/ seals etc)!

mrfxit, May 25, 8:23pm
Not that long . . . To many Late nights recently!

desmodave, May 25, 8:38pm
The good thing is that you have noticed it.Fix it or flick it.

johnf_456, May 25, 9:18pm
Well how long are you leaving it op!As they most likely have to move the vehicle to level ground.But doing so would involve running the engine, so the question is still valid Dork

I have my oil check spot on my sloping driveway, so its a valid reason to ask how long after running it. The op only said weeks they never said how long they do it after running

mybaby, May 25, 9:22pm
Doing so would mean the oil level would go down.
Read the opening post again.

"the oil level get higher according to the dipstick over a couple of weeks every time."

He's not talking about the level coming up as the oil drains down from the rocker gear.

mrfxit, May 25, 9:22pm
John . 5 MINUTES wait. at the most!

Valid question but time frame totally wrong.

NZTools, May 25, 9:24pm
Damn. Wrong account again. lol

mrfxit, May 25, 9:24pm
Unless he's got some pretty wicked land subsidence issues going on where he parks & hasn't noticed yet.

mrfxit, May 25, 9:25pm
LOL yea what ever . wifes account HUH . ;-)

johnf_456, May 25, 9:26pm
See the post above, how do we know they are not checking straight after running! The op does not say and yes you get the best results when cold and it has not been run. So its a valid question, oil tajes time to go back to the sump! So not a late night. The op has not stated how long they leave it or even if they do check straight after running

NZTools, May 25, 9:29pm
John. Even if they are checking straight after it is running, it is irrellevant. Over a period of several weeks, (every time) it is making oil.ie if you check it in another month, it will be even more overfull than it is now.

How hard is that to understand! Not hard.

johnf_456, May 25, 9:29pm
Firstly it is johnf_456 not john so it is not ok, but yes it is worth noting. Has a lpt of people are not aware of checking oil on level ground and leaving it to drain back.