Landcruiser oil level increases by it self ,weird

Page 4 / 4
snoopy221, May 26, 8:40am
face bookYip rumors.lol.
thought it was the earlier bump.juss checkin ya know.LOL

mrcat1, May 26, 9:42am
Sure they will but not to the same extent that the old 2 stroke Jimmys do, hence why DDEC put stranglers on the air intake of the supercharger on their 2 strokes so you can shut them down if they take off.

for_an_angel, May 26, 9:46am
Yea spose the difference is most of ya 4 strokes wont over rev to bad (just keep reving) where as the 2 strokers will really run away lol

mrcat1, May 26, 9:55am
No, they will still rev till they fly to bits, since they are running on oil and not fuel controlled by the pump, as long as they are getting fuel and air they will just rev. I once saw a Volvo truck engine at Mcmillan's in Onehunga where the rack had jammed in the fuel pump and the engine revved that hard the fly wheel flew to bits and smashed the bell housing and demolished the inside of the cab. It had also put a couple of legs out of bed, if i can remember properly it belonged to Stevies and was a tipper and the insurance company wrote it off.

for_an_angel, May 26, 9:58am
For real lol
The ones I have seen had only got too 4800-5400rpm so not too bad

snoopy221, May 26, 10:11am
They can *do it* kel thing is nowadays we have PCV which changes things a tad as to the volume of combutsable from the sump to the intake also DI diesels are a tad differrent higher compression ratios nowadays mean simply the days of putting a rag soaked in petrol in the air cleaner casing of a diesel and self destructing it are limited I.E. older diesels luurrvvveed ether most modern ones are so high in CR that they'll damn near crack pistons on it.

clark20, May 26, 10:29am
Maybe thats a clue, wasn't there a "MK3cortina" name somewhere in the past!

snoopy221, May 26, 10:36am
the clue! is snoops and not snoop-IMHO

jsc1, May 26, 10:37am
starts and runs like normal

for_an_angel, May 26, 10:53am
Can rule out injector fault. But not injector pump. Never seen the injector pump nose seal fail but it's not impossable

crzyhrse, May 26, 10:57am
He's a stickler for anything except well written communications.

jsc1, May 27, 10:31am
Well i went to the garage and the guy said it cant be the injector pump as its cam belt driven and its likely to be the injectors .And said come in tuesday leave it with him and he will give it "open wallet surgery "

mrfxit, May 27, 10:48am
Hhhmmmm BUT. he said . IF it was the injectors, wouldn't it be over fueling madly & blowing shite loads of smoke out the back & hard to start/keep runningetc!

jsc1, May 27, 11:23am
No idea it runs like a dream but diesels gettin in the oil slowlysomehow .You can smell it.When i find out i will let you guys know, its allways handy to know stuff.

unclejake, May 27, 11:33am
Some of the Patrol motors have a plastic fuel return pipe that (for some strange reason) passes somewhere underneath the rocker cover (I think) and cracks.

Perhaps your motor has something similar. A Google search could point you in the right direction. Either Google or the Vatican

mrfxit, May 27, 8:42pm
LOL yea you may be on to something there.

big.b-lil.c, May 28, 5:14am
saw it on my mates 6month old diesel turbo Peugeot, had the key off and in his hand, block ventilated the whole works. long walk to get ph coverage.
if there is diesel in (old) oil and ya put a little bit on you palm (just a drip from dip stick) it will follow the lines in your skin (palm print) non contaminated oil wont do this.