Can you help me with my "RARE TOYOTA HILUX SR "

mickeyrox, Jul 16, 8:37am
I have a Toyota Hilux listed for sale. I was told by a Toyota Dealer in Auckland while I was trying to find a tufdek for it that it was a rare imported SR model. The story is, it was assembled in Japan in 1994 then shipped to NZ, shorly after this they sent them over in parts and started building them here butthey changed the tray from a straight wellside to a wellside with hooks.Is this ture, I haven't been able to find one like mine. !

bwg11, Jul 16, 8:48am
My 1983 HIlux had the deck with hooks. I know it was NZ assembled as I picked it up from the Buchanans road plant. I don't know for certain but I recollect the decks may have been contracted out, but I do know wiring looms for Coronas of that era were made in Christchurch.

mickeyrox, Jul 16, 8:54am
The Toyota parts guy said he had never even heard of a Hilux with my tray dimensions and I had wondered if it have been modified.Then he told me the import story after doing a bit more digging

zooki007, Jul 16, 9:15am
You'd be better getting a sprayon liner done. Better looking, will last longer and wont make the deck rust out. Go see a panel/paint place to have it done properly.

andy61, Jul 16, 9:45am
That ute looks like a Used Japanese import,with an American spec deck on it.When was it first registered in NZ!

mickeyrox, Jul 16, 9:49am
It was registered in 1997! Thanks for your comment.

rob_man, Jul 16, 9:53am
I think I've come across that deck at some point but it's nothing like the two common types which were the "A" deck and the "J" deck. You could try Fleetline for a drop in liner.

mickeyrox, Jul 16, 9:59am
I couldn't find anything to fit it so I just had a spray on speedliner applied and it looks great. I am just trying to find out a bit more about the history of it.Thanks

outbidyou2, Jul 16, 10:02am
Beach Hop it mate

unclejake, Jul 16, 10:42am
Really!
Also: It looks like a mid wheelbase in the photos, rather than the fulll size Hilux

mrfxit, Jul 16, 11:10am
Nothing like an ordinary NZ Hilux
it looks to be based on the full size Surf chassis but as a 2 door model

gadgit3, Jul 16, 8:01pm
Looks like a LN100. It's not a MWB as it has a full single cab lenght wellside. It's not a rare build but it is a rare import.
Toyota make alot of different models of hilux that we just dont see here. There is even a LN108 with factory Hiab

shuddupowh, Jul 17, 2:10am
The spray on stuff is shit. As soon as you spill a bit of fuel (diesel OR petrol) it will come off. Go try it now. I've heard heaps of stories. I make the liners and they are made to withstand all liquids.

andy61, Jul 17, 5:26am
Did you fit the bench seat!(would have had bucket seats when new)

gadgit3, Jul 17, 5:33am
Nope LN100 have a factory bench as a option

mickeyrox, Jul 17, 7:42am
Yeah I fitted the bench seat. I took out the centre console and it bolted right in.The speed liner tray is chemical resistant. I have spilled some gas on there and it's mint

gadgit3, Jul 17, 7:48am
Well there ya go andy ya on the money lol. The bench is showing as option on my listings tho.

andy61, Jul 17, 7:55am
I could see the centre console,and the bench seat is a NZ new seat.The import bench seat is totally different looking.

mickeyrox, Jul 17, 8:16am
The seat is great. it felt wrong having 2 seats i think all single cabs should have bench seats. Its a great truck, in great condition ill be sad to see it go :o(

aj254, Jul 17, 9:10am
Same tray as the xtra cab long wheelbase hilux's, its slightly shorter than the standard single cab one.

andy61, Jul 17, 9:58am
The NZ new xtra cab deck doesnt have a rib along the side like the 1 in the picture.