Carbs for V6 2 stroke outboard eng

the-lada-dude, Aug 4, 2:29am
is'nt funny how you think you know heaps about engines, but there's some you just don't wanta go there !anyway, i used to have a matched pair of side draft 45 dellortos.(now there bloody expensive ) and there one of those things that one should NEVER sell. now i could really use those beggars again, aahhh what if !ok, now, i was thinking. there must be another source of side draft carbs not including m/c stuff.( at this point you'll have to under stand that my brain works in mysterious ways ) started thinking that a small rear wheel drive, club car would sure do pretty well with a 2 stroke V6 evenrude or similar bolted up to the gearbox.anyway one thing leads to another and i start googling info, and what do i see a V6 with 3 sets of twin choke carbs ! ding ding the bells are ringing. see told you !in the oh so deep reaches of my cranium there's an answer. who can enlighten me on these weaponsbore sizes, chance of finding some of a damaged engine etc.

elect70, Aug 4, 4:06am
Jeez you sure like a challenge . Would it have the torque topush a car, outboardsproducepower at hi revsnot low down .!

bigfatmat1, Aug 4, 4:47am
Yes have thought about this myself but with a 300hp v8 2 stroke evinrude.

sr2, Aug 4, 4:56am
Wasn't there a famous Kiwi who built and raced a outboard motor powered GP bike in the 60's!

the-lada-dude, Aug 4, 5:54am
yes i think your right.and he came close to winning some bigGP races, mmmmi think .NON NONmeisureall i want is a set of carburetors as they are twin chokeand two of them will do a 4 cyl engand that leaves one as a spare

budgel, Aug 4, 6:13am
Jeez, that was when I was a youngster. I am 62 now, things have moved on quite a bit.

mongolia1, Aug 4, 6:40am
That would be Kim Newcombe.A brilliant rider and engineer working for the German Konig outboard company he developed a 4 cylinder 500cc water cooled outboard engine into a world class 75 bhp bike engine in the early 1970s.Tragically killed in his prime at Silverstone due to pommie track marshall incompetence. Had he not been killed he would have easily taken out the 1973 World GP title.He came second even though he was killed before the series was over.See the doco/movie "Love Speed and Loss" for the incredible story.In my book he's up there with Burt Munro and John Britten.

the-lada-dude, Aug 4, 8:12pm
i'll go have a look at that!i remember years ago,when they were still ponceing around with pommy 4 strokem/c engines in 3/4 midgets at western springs speed way. an enterprising gentleman turned up with a triple kawazaki 2/ stuffed into the engine bay. it was just unbeatable ! and that my friendswas the beginning of the end for that pommy trash. BUT THAT STILL DOESN'T HELP ME !tell me about these bloodyV4 or V6 carbsanyone !

elect70, Aug 4, 11:35pm
Several pommiefirms have developedsmall V8sfromsuzukihyabusa engines &kiwiSimon Longdillwho madesynergy V8300kwfrom 2 kwaka ZX12 sforprototypesports car racing .