Commodore Death Rattle

Page 3 / 3
lazzo, Sep 6, 10:59am
Hehe. A bit of bog and a BandAid you reckon! LOL

lazzo, Dec 15, 4:02am
So the fella I sold the wreck to says he has got it back on the road again. But the motor in it was stuffed, he says it had done a big end and thrown the number 6 through the head.

treachug, Dec 15, 8:22am
Do you realise the motors in those were removable! And you can pick up a VT ecotec engine anywhere between $400-$2000.

lazzo, Dec 15, 10:14pm
Yes I realised that. The car was not worth the hassle to me, it's an old car worth bugger all. I sold it for bugger all to a fella that was pleased to buy it for bugger all and probably put it back on the road for bugger all. I was very happy to see the back of it.

snoopy221, Dec 15, 10:36pm
Yip.

lazzo, Dec 15, 10:43pm
Yup. I knew it was terminal when I seen lumps of aluminium falling onto the driveway! I had more concern for the oil patch on the driveway than I did for the rotten old Commodore.

chebry, Dec 15, 11:22pm
Knocking isnt hard to diagnose if its at engine speed the problem is usually crank related knocking at half engine speed is valvetrain have a listen dont rev it.

treachug, Dec 16, 12:20am
haha, yep no worries - the buyer must have got a bargain.good on him
got any other old cars worth bugger all you want to sell for bugger all! lol

lazzo, Dec 16, 12:23am
Sold it to him for $500. He seemed most happy just as I was seeing him tow it away! Sorry. Only have one other for sale, but its not an old Commodore!

franc123, Dec 16, 12:25am
And will probably now sell it for good money.Given its hard to buy a VT of any description for under $3K it was well worth fixing, there isn't a huge amount of labour involved in changing a 3.8 over. Probably couldn't believe his luck.

lazzo, Dec 16, 12:30am
Yes I was fully aware that is what he was probably going to do, but to some people like me it's just not worth my time and hassle and i was prepared to see it go cheap to get it out of my driveway!