Can I make offers to "dealers"?

disco_super_fly, Aug 30, 3:07am
Or is the 'asking price' generally non negotiable! I'm looking at buying a motorbike from Colemans Suzuki.

hopie, Aug 30, 3:09am
Cause you can, if they accept it or not may be a different story. never know if you dont try

johnf_456, Aug 30, 3:13am
Nothing wrong with trying and walking away

disco_super_fly, Aug 30, 3:14am
Yeah they have listings on TradeMe so will just call and make an offer I guess.

pericles, Aug 30, 3:15am
the ex used to be a car dealer, and yes, they do take offers

kazbanz, Aug 30, 3:19am
OP are you refering to a Trade me AUCTIONlistings by colemans!
If so then most likely the answer is no. You place your bid and top bidder wins the auction.
If its a classified listing/bike on the showroom floor then YES you can make an offer to buy at a cheaper price.Them accepting your offer or not is up to them.

disco_super_fly, Aug 30, 3:58am
Whoa. I can't believe it. Managed to get them down a couple of hundred bucks :) Yay! So happy!

andrewph, Aug 30, 5:34am
Good on you If you dont ask you dont get.

nzdoug, Aug 30, 6:59am
Just before gst time and wave cash!

kdcentralni, Aug 30, 8:55am
Cash blah. just costs them money to bank it thats all no deal breaker anymore, finance through them they will look more favourably on the offer you are in the database and they can upgrade your vehicle over the years etc. I have known them to re-imburse the repairs they have done on a vehicle at the dealership if they upgrade on finance etc.

kcc55a, Aug 30, 9:08am
Thats crazy! Why would you finance at the extortionate rates they charge instead of paying cash!

bwg11, Aug 30, 11:41pm
Of course you can. Your success will depend on what you are buying, If it is a model which is "sale-proof" and they have stock you will do well, alternatively, if it is something with a wait list, not a chance.

kazbanz, Aug 30, 11:54pm
I guess that depends on where the "cash" is comeing from.
Cash saved up I couldn't agree more.
Cash borrowed --Best to do the research first.