09 sonata no power

hob2, Aug 29, 4:16am
hi there, i have an 09 hyundai sonata diesel turbo alot of oil in
the intake hose and engine oil turning into jelly, also got no power cannot
rev the engine above idle. any ideas please.

cheers

jason18, Aug 29, 4:23am
This is the 3rd late model hyundai with engine troubles lately. Sounds like a head issue! Or blown turbo issues!

thejazzpianoma, Aug 29, 4:32am
Glad you said it first. I was thinking about it but would no doubt have been run out of town with pitch forks for daring to suggest the beautifully marketed Hyundai was rubbish.

Sorry, OP my saying that isn't helpful to your cause. Hopefully someone who knows these engines well can give you some useful advice.

I will resist ruining your thread further by responding to trolls.

tigra, Aug 29, 4:44am
Dont they go for 3 weeks at redline revs! Maybe you got one of those!

splinter67, Aug 29, 4:50am
Its (rhymes with trucked ) some Hyundais are good some should have been painted yellow just like every other brand How long have you had the car for

ceebee2, Aug 29, 5:37am
My guess is blown head gasket. Remove radiator cap when engine is cold / ensure its full of water then crank engine.if it geysers out.blown head gasket.

carclan, Aug 29, 5:41am
That is correct according to the advertisment, but remember that engine is under no load and perfect enviromental conditions.

lasertech, Aug 29, 8:54am
Get a scanner on it, blocked DPF filters can cause these kinds of failures and cause blow by and contaminate the oil etc.
Can help if needs be

morrisman1, Aug 29, 10:16am
bit of a marketing stunt really. If an engine is going to blow up at redline, its going to do it pretty quick. An engine shouldn't blow up at redline anyway, thats what redline is for!

thejazzpianoma, Aug 29, 10:19am
Their marketing has been smoke and mirrors nonsense for years. Pretending certain common process's are unique to them, sneaky nonsense about economy etc.

It was almost as though if they were advertising a certain aspect as the bees knees it meant that aspect of their vehicle was probably the worst in its class. An outrageous strategy if true, but it seemed to work.

The current one about the "benchmark" engine is particularly slimy.

gastirling, Aug 29, 10:53am
Dead right, Blocked PDF filter is a common problem with these, Scan tool required.

carclan, Aug 29, 11:08am
I wonder if the handbook states you can sit with your foot flat to the floor for three days without voiding the warrantee