Does a petrol tanker have a 90kph speed limit

Page 2 / 5
poppajn, Aug 24, 10:44pm
No tolerance as of 01/08/ 2012. This applys to a lot of things covered byHMV,s includeing RUC,s where you had 500 k to display, not any more.

noswalg, Aug 25, 5:02am
All Fonterra tankers are limited to 90kmh, what you are talkng about is TAMS (tanker activity management system) which has been running for a couple of years. It logs reports for activity deemed to be excessive (acceleration, braking, cornering) as well as tracking the fleet. A certain amount of events will culminate in the operator being invited to a "please explain" meeting

berg, Aug 25, 5:40am
Not quite with the RUC. You never had 500kms to display (you did however have a 500km tolerance in law before the first infringement for overrun would stick in court) you did however have 7 days using a FAX copy of the RUC before the actual label had to be displayed.
That bit hasn't actually changed and it now states proof of RUC perchase in an accepted form (must show all the things shown on a RUC label) is acceptable for 7 days before the actual label must be displayed. Also there is no longer an offence for being less than 500km overrun. As for the "no tolerance" for HMV speed, we haven't been told that and we enforce it.

kingfisher21, Aug 25, 6:50am
TUI anyone! When was the last time you followed a Fonterra tanker doing only 90kmh! I've regularly followed them at speeds up to 110kmh, and yes, that 110 was by GPS.

offrd1, Aug 25, 7:26am
Sorry that is bull s*** if a Fonterra tanker was doing that speed they would lose there job instantly as above they are on a T.A.M.S system as soon as you go anywhere near 100 k you get called up on the RT .YOU really are full of it .if you think that was the case ring fonterra with the truck number or trailer number and they will give you a print out and show you how it works.these trucks are tracked every minute of the day.We have had people like you here,soon shut them up when giving them the proof.110K tui anyone.JUST GIVE FONTERRA A RING and stopbull s***ing on here

xs1100, Aug 25, 7:42am
now now dont going destroying his story with proof

poppajn, Aug 25, 7:48am
That,s rubbish, they have what they call Grade overspeed,s and that would be a grade 3 just as they have Grade Brakeing. With their TAM,s they are a very efficent operator.

offrd1, Aug 25, 8:07am
Very correct.all he would have to do is give them a ring and they are very happy to explain and show then he would learn something instead of just spouting off on here

crankypants69, Aug 25, 8:11am
But it's much more fun bagging truck drivers, some people love to exaggerate

kingfisher21, Aug 25, 8:18am
Is that right shitstick! I used to frikkin drive for them and more recently Dairy Fresh. Dipshit.

miss-shortae, Aug 25, 8:35am
i work for a trucking company, our trucks are set to a 96km speed cut. fonteera have 90km speed cut from memory, and get writen warning if they exceed that. loggers are loggers, they go hard out all day, but get the work done. its all about image, and everything that that driver does while in his truck is representing that company.

offrd1, Aug 25, 8:46am
Immmm name calling bet you feel better .lol.i still do drive for them and have done for many years.guessing you are full of it they wouldn't employ a idiot like you EVER .Now instead of just mouthing off about something you know nothing about.Give them a ring,they really will give you all the info you need and next time you come on here you just may know a little of what you are talking about .

crankypants69, Aug 25, 8:58am
Yep big brother definitely has advantages when you get muppets like that complaining

offrd1, Aug 25, 9:05am
LOL.very true.every driver in Fonterra is graded on his [ her ] drive every day and we all get a print out of our driving every month.points out of a 100.most drivers are above 95%.graded on speeding.class 1,2 &3,hash cornering,hard braking,fuel usageto name a few

crankypants69, Aug 25, 9:11am
Yeah I knew it was something along those lines, we are limited to 90 and at 95 or 55 in town we get a very unhappy phone call so am always amused when people tell me how our trucks are always speeding everywhere

offrd1, Aug 25, 9:21am
If we get a 100k speeding read out we are contacted immediately and a couple of those and you are off to the driving instructor for a assessment.the silly thing is the people that whinge only have to contact Fonterra and they will check,they are very public orientatedand go out of their way to check complaints

poppajn, Aug 25, 9:23am
Now, now Sonia, don,t get aggro, it will show thru in yourdriveing

xs1100, Aug 25, 9:45am
yes am seriously considering getting one of those drive cams in my little truck.its seriosly getting to the stage some of these car drivers these days

modie61, Aug 25, 9:47am

likit, Aug 25, 9:50am
You sound like a member of the public that alleged one of our tankers was doing 130 on Chch motorway,they were adamant they were correct as they were following them. lol.As previous person said ALL our tankers are limited to 90 end of story.

modie61, Aug 25, 9:51am

crankypants69, Aug 25, 9:53am
Yep, I would love to have one in the truck!

kingfisher21, Aug 25, 9:54am
Limited! So they can never ever do more tham 90kmh! Bullshit.

modie61, Aug 25, 10:02am
I guesswhat Fonterra is trying and succeeded in doing is this.

These pics are freely available to view by anyone kingfisher.

Some of us have a job to do that will eliminate this happening.

http://www.111emergency.co.nz/INCIDENT/INCIDENT-AccidentScenes/SH1Porirua/Loge.JPG

crankypants69, Aug 25, 10:04am
What's your job modie!