Strange Starlet problem

Page 2 / 2
pnh4, Aug 15, 10:23am
Its you RWD Starlets have efi lol

bryshaw, Aug 15, 8:46pm
I had am 87 Corolla once that had an annoying habit of stalling when the motor was hot and was hard to restart, and this usually happened when I had driven the car about a Km. No mechanic could solve the problem, but one theory was that with that type of carby the fuel vapourised too much before it entered the motor.

alphagorpat, Aug 16, 4:43am
Can you please elaborate a bit more about this Air Flow meter - what does it do and how can I tell if its faulty - thanks a lot.

snoopy221, Aug 16, 9:27am
Go BACK to the ole DISSY AND Simply open er up put ya finger on the rotorand WHEN YA SEE IT DONNA MOVE

Ya goddam CENRIFUGAL ADVANCE AIN'T WORKIN

K.

alphagorpat, Aug 27, 5:11am
Thanks to everyone that gave suggestions on this problem - in the end it wound up being a virtually blocked catalytic converter, so a special thanks to Thunderbolt for suggesting that - you were right.It actually had quite a number of people stumped as to the cause of the problem.In the end I took it to an AA service centre who got to the bottom of it - Finally.The little red rocket is now back to its zippiest best - I can see why they were once popular with the younger set - it now got its scat back.

lynkyn, Sep 2, 9:01am
The younger set love them and according to my son they are going up in value!He wants one to "do up" - yes imagine - lowered, rims etc.
The older cars are considered really cool.

thunderbolt, Sep 2, 8:45pm
Great news, thanks for letting us know the result.

Now, who do I make the invoice out to.