Security interest on vehicle im keen on.

ryanm2, Sep 7, 6:50am
I have agreed to purchase a car, ive also handed NO money over. Did a carjam report which states Marac Finance have a security interest. If i ring Marac in the morning will they disclose how much is owed or would that be breaching privacy rights etc! Or are the Carjam reports accurate! Was the car on finance in the past and the info not updated! Cheers.

hounddog2, Sep 7, 6:55am
first of all give the owner a chance to come clean and tell you themselves what finance is owing, failing that call marac . Let them know that you are only interested if finance owing is paid first and that they can keep the rest (if there is any)

ryanm2, Sep 7, 7:06am
owner has had the chance to pass on all relevant info with regards to car. I took the car for spin this arvo and nothing about the car being on finance was mentioned.

bex25388, Sep 7, 7:17am
Im starting to lose faith in Carjam personally. I looked up my own car its currently registered, warranted and i own it with no security on it etc. So i decided to check it out on carjam according to them it has no warrant, no rego there is a security interest on it and the odometer is inconsistent which is clearly an operator entry error. It could not have been more wrong, there is a little food for thought. Personally i would call the finance co and discuss it with them to get the story straight.

ceebee2, Sep 7, 10:21pm
Bex you can email carjam to recitify your descrepency, used to work in an Auto breakdown centre and used Carjam all the time to match regos with car make etc and found lots of errors. Simply emailed them with correct info.

falcon15, Sep 7, 10:27pm
sounds like you are not paying for the proper carjam checks your just typing in the rego and getting the sample checks. the sample checks are not accurate real checks. If you type in your rego it is probably giving you a check from 6 months or a year ago. It will say up the top when the check was current for

curlcrown, Sep 7, 10:56pm
Marac will not tell you how much money is owwing. First contact the seller of the vehicle. There is nothing unusual going on at this point unless the seller told you there was no money owing. Even then it may well be a case of the security not having been lifted.

jcwholesale, Sep 7, 11:07pm
I many cases the vehicle is paid off but the finance companies are very lax when it comes to removing the securities. The owner may have paid it off, and doesn't think there is an issue. Speak to the owner and it can usually be easily sorted.