Nissan Z24 Alternator bracket

supernova2, Sep 4, 12:25am
Hi guys anyone know where I might obtain an alternator bracket for a 91 Navara with a z24 engine!After 800km mine broke in half.boo hoo.

ceebee2, Sep 4, 3:23am
Weld it up again

gizmsme, Sep 4, 4:05am
I have a Navara with a z16 engine and have been told all the z series share many parts.There are both z16 and 18 engines on here.

tristanchev, Sep 4, 4:48am
I got one. $20 + postage

wimwom, Sep 4, 4:52am
Nice Valiant. Have you got either agood carb or a good dizzy (points type) for a z series engine!

xs1100, Sep 4, 9:20am
dammit i might plan ahead and buy one mines only done 320,000 ks and still doesnt use a drop of oil between oil changes

supernova2, Sep 4, 8:20pm
That was my idea too, but engineer mate said it wont work and will just snap again.Can anyone think of why he would have said that!Its a clean break (both rails) about 20mm inboard of the alternator bolt.

supernova2, Sep 4, 8:28pm
Good idea.LOL.It must be clap out month.Until now mines only had: set of shocks, shackle bushes, one plug lead.In the last 6 weeks the tacho died, the starter wouldn't stop, the water pump leaked, speedo cable broke, rad cap gave up; and NOW the bracket broke.I'm almost scared to open the door now in case the poltregist attacks me!

tristanchev, Sep 4, 8:46pm
I got a carb unknown condition and only a dizzy for one of those yuck 8 sparkplug jobbies

wimwom, Sep 4, 9:15pm
Ok, mines not the 8 spark but has a problem i cant solve.I have fitted a mitsubishi carb which hasn't cured the problem.Thanks anyway.

ceebee2, Sep 4, 9:24pm
Provided you grind out to form a vee joint then weld will be stronger than parent metal.

xs1100, Sep 5, 8:32am
try a weber twin throat and a set of extractors,or see murray at weber specs very good on carbs

wimwom, Sep 5, 9:40am
Cheers for the idea.Having fitted the mitsy carbI'm sure now it's not a carbproblem, want a factory type to refit factory air cleaner etc. Would like to try another dizzy in it to eliminatethat too. Mines a z16.

NZTools, Sep 5, 9:51am
The weld will be stronger than the parent metal, however as the parent metal was work hardened, and is now as brittle as hell, it will just break along the edge of the weld.