Pressure plate broken into 3 pieces

prt21, Sep 25, 10:37am
Sold a manual legacy to young fella. A week later came back said saying somethings up with the car ( Won't go into gear). Took it to mechanics and found out it the pressure plate was broken into 3 pieces. This car just had a new clutch put in 500km ago too. Mechanic reckons someones been dropping the clutch. Burnouts or launching I'm guessing! The car broke down on the motorway on a friday night and had to be towed. Whatshould I look for if it has been abused bydoing burnouts and lunching! TIA

v8_mopar, Sep 25, 10:40am
nothing as its not yours!

jmma, Sep 25, 10:41am
Tyres (o:

kngfhrt, Sep 25, 5:58pm
you've already found it!

intrade, Sep 25, 6:07pm
what is the pressure plate look like and mor so what is the clutch disk look like! if it was done burnouts the pressure plate would be blue and the clutch disk badly worn hard glazed. Also it dont makes sense for a pressure plate to brake in to 3 . however warranty of the clutch be voide if it was this look for the signes i posted and what his tyers look like now you remember what they where like at sale.

splinter67, Sep 25, 7:10pm
look under the guards for bits of rubber stuck to the inner guard thats how I snapped my relief driver

morrisman1, Sep 25, 7:50pm
I did a clutch on a toyota curren, pressure plate had broken the cast bit into three pieces. apparently the genius has got to 4th gear doing a mean burnout, one so awesome the wheels wernt spinning lol

prt21, Sep 25, 10:15pm
I haven't seen the plate yet. We took the car back to mecs as we thought they my might of missed something when they fitted the the new clutch. They've sent the pressure plate back to the supplier to see if it was a fault from manufacture. Tyres we brand new too.

prt21, Sep 25, 10:17pm
Ok will do. Will tyres feather or look melted if hes been doing burnouts!

splinter67, Sep 25, 10:21pm
yup they will my dad taught me this back in the 80s when he snapped me in his holden that was the last time he let me drive it lol

thunderbolt, Sep 26, 8:44pm
There won't be any rubber if he went to the same burnout school as this genuis.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch!v=GJ6atGhmVU8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGJ6atGhmVU8

thunderbolt, Sep 27, 3:33am
Maybe this link works better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=oebzAIZEfxQ

greta29, Sep 27, 3:35am
i agree tell him to get lost

holden311, Sep 28, 2:34am
Tell him it's his fault, up to him to fix. Ask your mechanic, show him the plate if you can get hold of it, and see what he say's, I'm picking it will be the same as everyone else. He's just s rough one that's played to many video games and thinks real life will be the same.

morrisjvan, Sep 28, 2:40am
I assume it was a private sale! If he had it for a week it must have been working alright. His car,he broke it ,his problem.

intrade, Sep 28, 2:41am
do you even read post *9 they sent the pressure plate to supplyer so its not real obviously a burnout . one should only judge when he has proof . or it will end up like kim.coms case

intrade, Sep 28, 2:47am
here is what should happen if the clutch is defective material. The supplyer will send a new one free of charge and the mechanic has to fix it free of charge as that is his risk he takes on as mechanic . If however it was proofen to have done burnouts then manufacturer wont replace it nor will the mechanic fix it for free.