Basic Service

Page 4 / 4
supernova2, Sep 13, 11:07pm
Tui anyone!

gadgit3, Sep 13, 11:57pm
True their not really trained at all then lol

mopsy3, Sep 14, 12:29am
LOL. $50.I am surprised you want to pay anything at all. Surely the workshop you choose should want to pay you for giving them your vehicle to service! Get a grip. Go buy your own oil and filter and do it yourself. What do you consider is a 'tune up' BTW! Just curious.

mopsy3, Sep 14, 12:33am
LOL. You get funnier and funnier.

mopsy3, Sep 14, 12:36am
Exactly and OP wants you to do this for $45. Or $50 if you are reputable.

anr, Sep 14, 12:33pm
$195! i wish mine was that cheap. That would barely cover the oil and filter.

zoltec45, Sep 14, 8:13pm
HAHAHA a "tune up" huh! Your a winner mate.

You used a voucher for your oil and filter at supercheap, so still spent about $45 on oil and $12 on a filter, THEN were charged $46+ GST to change it, and got not much else done. A bit of a look over really.
Where in reality you spent $110 total for your 'service' plus a banana cake.
TBH you shouldnt own a car as you cant get a grip and understand what it costs to run it. I would HATE to be your mechanic as i bet it will break down and youll be the first one back saying "you serviced it and now its broken"
You are like politicians, out of touch and have no idea what it really costs.

zoltec45, Sep 14, 8:20pm
And if you really wanted to support "the little guy" you wouldnt try screw him out of afew dollars profit on oil and filter by bringing your own from supercheap. My moneys is on you never having owned your own business or taken any kind of initiative at all!

_peas, Sep 14, 9:00pm
I got a grab one from Toyota.Fuel tune up for $190 I think that price was and I asked them to change the fuel filter as I had just bought the car and it is often overlooked.My main reason for buying it was that I know that my spark plugs are a B!T#H to get at.Remove part of throttle assembly, remove shroud, remove coils then get to plugs.That alone would warrant them calling me to tell me that they need changing in which case I say "why yes now that you have it apart you may as well".I picked my car up and was charged for 2 hours labour.They only had the car in the shop for 90mins, the cap screws holding the shroud down still had oxidation in the heads indicating that they hadn't even looked at them.I called them back and asked about the spark plugs.They then admitted that they hadn't checked them but only put the fuel flush through it.They had called me about a new air filterthough. the easy stuff that just about anyone can do.To their credit they offered to take the car back and recheck it.Sure enough called me to tell me that the plugs needed changing (they would after all the labour charge!) but that they were platinum tipped (which I was going to insist on anyway) and rather pricey.They then offered to pay for half which I accepted which was nice.Haven't been back though.OEM Toyota prices are hideous and after that blatant lying to my face I won't go see them again unless totally necessary.