Wanting to trade my vehicle

megeniscool, Sep 13, 12:24am
Hello,
I desperately need to sell my car as I am due to have a baby in a few weeks and need a bigger car.
My car is listed on here for a lot less than the valuation I have for it - but not much interest. I am happy to drop my price a little bit if someone is interested. Wondering if there is anyone who would want to trade with me or knows of somewhere in Christchurch (a car yard) that would buy it outright.
Doesn't need to be a 4 door car - just something where front seat goes forward a bit and some boot space.

bex25388, Sep 13, 12:37am
To be fair your 318ti is probably still over priced, they pretty common cars and that model 3 series is not particulary sought after or know as a desirable model. I searched for sometime for a 318ti for my partner and they frequently went for $2500-3500 with those sort of kms and features. The extras you have added like alarm and stereo only really add value in your eyes there sort of stock standard expectations now days to buyers.

Im sure if you do the rounds of dealers in the weekend youll come by someone whose willingt o give you a fair deal. keep an eye out for the $xxxx minimum trade deals that might work in your favour. You could try turners if there doing a cash for cars deal at the moment ight be a last resort though.

stevexc, Sep 13, 12:40am
I got good money selling a couple of my old cars to Car City outright.Just make sure it's in mint condition and extremely clean.They need to be able to put 2 or 3 grand on a car just to make a living.

I'm thinking of taking my RAV4 to them as I want to get rid of it.Sure beats the hassle of selling privately!Sorry I don't want to swap for your car as I also need to stay with 4 doors.