Oil pressure?

perry111, Oct 13, 9:11am
I have a 1995 isuzu bighorn 3.1diesel.i was heading down 2 palmaston 2 transport a car back.engine usualy runs 6kg/cm3 oil pressure on the gauge but it started running 15.motor runs fine no lose in power at all also the oil pressure gauge cums up wen u turn the key on without starting.is this a fualty oil prssure sender!

outbidyou2, Oct 13, 9:12am
I sincerely wish you luck with this vehicle. Fix it, sell it. Best of luck

NZTools, Oct 13, 9:13am
yes., or a faulty gauge, or a short in the wiring. Actually if the wire has come off the sender unit and earthed out, it will send the gauge to the top like that. There's a few things for you to check in the morning. lol

NZTools, Oct 13, 9:14am
Nothing wrong with the old 3.1's

outbidyou2, Oct 13, 9:16am
Dont get me started lol

NZTools, Oct 13, 9:17am
They are a hell of a lot better then the later 3.0L hand grenade.

llortmt, Oct 13, 9:22am
SO TRUE! I'm down to just one customer with one now (down from 6!) its only had 3 sets of injectors so far!

outbidyou2, Oct 13, 9:23am
so theyre both shite, gotcha

a.woodrow, Oct 13, 9:25am
Nope, the 3.1 is pretty bullet proof. Sounds like you haven't had much experience with them! or maybe you just bought a bad one

outbidyou2, Oct 13, 9:29am
yea bought one apparantly certed kms at 60K, biggest heap of shit. I owned it for around 4 years and swapped for a camry, haha. Now got 2010 Hiace and no matter what jazz says, there not bad. Its done 40K and I doubt I'll have the same bs with it

kingfisher21, Oct 13, 9:33am
2010 Hiace! Haa, wait till you start having pump and injector problems with it, you'll wish you still had the Isuzu.

outbidyou2, Oct 13, 9:38am
yeah, should of bought your car aye champ,

Pump and injector problems -> 3.1

johnf_456, Oct 13, 9:08pm
Be sure to run the right diesal additives in the Toyota to save costly fixes.