VN V6 Hydrolic lifters?

hawkeye30, Nov 1, 2:16am
Ok I have spelt it wrong but it sounds right! We have Finally got all gaskets new lifters crank ground etc. putting her back together and the lifters have "holes" on the side. Can't remember how they came out so my question is what way do they face!Do the holes face the front of the engine the inside of the engine or do they face towards the outside! I have just spent an hour on the google site and found out how to remove but not what way they face! Can you help ! Thanks in advance.

skull, Nov 1, 2:33am
I would expect the lifters to rotate during operation so I expect they drop in the hole any old how with top and bottom being the important parameters to watch out for.

hawkeye30, Nov 1, 2:35am
These are roller rockers! they have something to stop them rotating! Yea i don't know what he means i'm trying to get the info without having to get involved He He!

hawkeye30, Nov 1, 4:26am
Bump ! O dont worry he's just slapped it back togetha! Hopefully its right or he's in the SH*T!

happylad3, Nov 1, 4:32am
if they are anything like other followers, then the area around the oil feed hole has a groove, so when its in the engine, oil is still able to pass through the gallery to the rest of the followers, and go into the oil holes.

hi-ling, Jan 22, 1:44am
What you say is correct for std"flat" cam lifters, but the 3.8 v6 runs roller lifters.