Ok guys I need a new car suggestions please.

Page 2 / 2
chakendrick, Nov 5, 1:04pm
I've been in one and it rode a big like a rock, not very smooth. Maybe I was in a not good one but it put me off them.

chakendrick, Nov 5, 1:11pm
The last one appeals more than the 3 door which looks very brick like.
I have been told to avoid diesels due to fuel price and taxes. Apparently diesels are no longer cheaper to run and will soon be more expensive. I know the country almost ran out of diesel recently.
Also, I guess for me these still have the stigma that Kia did when they first entered the market.

chakendrick, Nov 5, 1:12pm
Thanks for your help. It has certainly helped me but I am still open to ideas and would welcome further constructive comments.

richard198, Nov 5, 7:34pm
Fair enough. They're crap to work on as well!
Toyota Surfs!

grangies, Nov 5, 9:01pm
VW Golf or Fiat Punto .

richard198, Nov 5, 9:17pm
Only if you want to tow. Otherwise good.

chakendrick, Nov 5, 10:24pm
Possibly but anything low km and newer than what i have got is lots of $$$. More than a Murano.

richynuts, Nov 6, 12:30am
Why are you looking at tiptronic! very costly to repair if something goes wrong., take the mazda 'cars' has offered you, besides in a few months 2002 cars will not be imported into nz anymore and if the mazda is looked after it would still be worth good money in a few years time.

next-to-normal, Nov 6, 12:49am
mazda are no good, they were using them as fleet utes in north canterbury, and they werehaving head issues on all of them,threw them back,also diesels aregood,i will never go back to petrol,can run them on cooking oil if worse comes to worse,petrol will run out before diesel,as diesel is a essential fuel(trucks generators ect),its not about the cost,they just more reliable long term,

mugenb20b, Nov 6, 12:55am
What kind of Mazda are you talking about!

mugenb20b, Nov 6, 12:56am
What kind of car are you reffering to!

bellky, Nov 6, 1:44am
what's wrong with this! it's the one i reckin!

serf407, Nov 6, 1:58am
Murano are a bit more than the $15K budget.
Nissan Patrol petrol 2002 or so with higher kms around $20K or so.
Toyota Prado if it has been looked after, petrol.
You can always put a body kit on or custom paint/ vinyl sticker to individualise a bland reliable vehicle.

richard198, Feb 3, 7:56am
As a Toyota fan; cool cars (Harriers) but I would hate something to wrong with it!
They have freaky micro electronic systems that are a bitch to work on.
($$$$!)