Stereo/reversing camera screen

basenjibabe, Oct 30, 9:18am
I have a Toyota Ipsum with the factory navigation system/stereo/CD player which includes reversing and front camera. It has a band expander, but it is frustrating to use, and the reception seems to be pretty crap. I would like to replace it with a CD player (MP3/aux) and still have a reversing camera. Can I get an all-in-one system, or do i buy a stereo, then plug in a reversing camera!

n1smo_gtir, Oct 30, 10:50am
you can get double din stereo which has video input for camera. the whole stereo pretty much is touch screen controlled. if you want navigation system built in, it gets quite pricey though.

basenjibabe, Oct 30, 7:41pm
Thanks for that. I don't need the navigation system, I just wanted to keep the reversing camera as it is quite handy (for us women driversLOL). Now that I know what to look for, I can go shopping.

n1smo_gtir, Oct 31, 7:48am
Repco got a sale on atm. 450 for Sony double din with av in for your camera. Well worth looking at. http://catalogues.repco.co.nz/Love_Your_Car_Month/4291/Sony_61_Double_DIN_AV_Tuner_and_BONUS_iPhone_Cable_/390293. We were really tempted but was tad outta our budget n we didn't need the av in so we settled for the JVC for 300. For your need, it's quite well priced, but do a price spy on it and check it out at repco to see it going. I installed ours in 2hrs as I choose to solder and heatshrink all connections for reliability. Simple way out be to buy a OEM to Sony connector kit for 30 bucks.