Nissan Safari camber out

Page 3 / 3
kingfisher21, Nov 2, 2:49am
Best you do a bit more research.

mechnificent, Nov 2, 2:50am
Go on then kingfisher. tell us why we have toe in.

mechnificent, Nov 2, 2:58am
Actually, because he's a duffas, and will probably get it wrong.
Wiki has this to say.

Interaction with Camber

When a wheel is set up to have some camber angle, the interaction between the tire and road surface causes the wheel to tend to want to roll in a curve, as if it were part of a conical surface (camber thrust). This tendency to turn increases the rolling resistance as well as increasing tire wear. A small degree of toe (toe-out for negative camber, toe-in for positive camber) will cancel this turning tendency, reducing wear and rolling resistance.

kingfisher21, Nov 2, 3:03am
The vehicle's toe is the most critical alignment settings relative to tire wear. if the toe setting is just 1/32-inch off of its appropriate setting, each tire on that axle will scrub almost 3 1/2 feet sideways every mile, therefore reducing tire life.
Toe will change depending on vehicle speed, as aerodynamic forces changes the riding height hence affectingtoe due to the geometry of the steering linkage in relation to the geometry of the suspension.
The toe angle identifies the direction of the tires compared to the centerline of the vehicle. Rear-wheel drive vehicle "pushes" the front tires, as they roll along the road, resistance causes some drag resulting in rearward movement of the suspension arms against their bushings. Most rear-wheel drive vehicles use positive toe to compensate for suspension movement.

Front-wheel drive vehicle "pulls" the vehicle, resulting in forward movement of the suspension arms against their bushings. Most front-wheel drive vehicles use negative toe to compensate for suspension movement.

Toe can also be used to alter a vehicle's handling traits. Increased toe-in will reduce oversteer, steady the car and enhance high-speed stability.

Increased toe-out will reduce understeer, free up the car, especially during initial turn-in while entering a corner.

Does a race car with say 5 degrees of negative camber run drastically altered toe to compensate! NO, they run close to zero toe.
You are like one of my old bosses, "ahh, just give it more toe to compensate for the excessive camber" The amount of comebacks and ripped up tyres was unbelievable.

jmma, Nov 2, 3:06am
Google says tires, If we use our own words, we say tyres (o:

mechnificent, Nov 2, 3:09am
You haven't told us, even with that big cut-n-paste, what toe in is for. Why it's there.

mechnificent, Nov 2, 3:11am
Lol Jmma.

I'll leave the Duffas to it.

Shane will no doubt make up his own mind.

kingfisher21, Nov 2, 3:14am
Your pretty thick if you don't get, thank christ you've never worked on any of my vehicles.

kingfisher21, Nov 2, 3:14am
Your pretty thick if you don't get, thank christ you've never worked on any of my vehicles. Oh, and it's Doofus not Duffas, dumbass.