Power assisted pedal bike

the-lada-dude, Nov 19, 2:21am
can some kind person please find the statutes pertaining to the above question. i'm just hopeless on these computer thingiesTa

saxman99, Nov 19, 3:09am
Vehicle Class AB (Power-assisted pedal cycle)

A pedal cycle to which is attached one or more auxiliary propulsion motors having a combined maximum power output not exceeding 300 watts.

the-lada-dude, Nov 19, 4:03am
can you put up a link please

lookoutas, Nov 19, 5:36am
It's a push-bike with a motor on it.

trogedon, Nov 19, 6:06am
Apparently this is how some DIC dicks are still able to have some wheels - fitting engines to MTBs.

saxman99, Nov 19, 6:29am

blackdotlova, Nov 19, 11:03am
I have a couple of picture how do i put them on here for you

the-lada-dude, Nov 19, 9:08pm
hey thanks all

the-lada-dude, Nov 19, 9:18pm
so a" POWER ASSISTED PEDAL CYCLE "could be auni - bi - tri - quadra
cycleYES !

xpfairmont, Nov 19, 9:27pm
How do they know how much power it has!
You could have a more powerful one (say 500 Watts) with a "280 Watts" sticker on it!
Do they pull you up and test them!

kaymay88, Nov 19, 10:14pm
this was on the news or cambell live a while back - the police are able to prosecute a person riding a power assisted bicycle if they are disqualified from drivig

motorboy2011, Nov 19, 11:37pm
Correct me of im wrong, but I thought a power assisted cycle does not need to be registered! Failing that, surely there is a point at which a power assisted cycle does not need to be reg, ie a low powered electric scooter, in which case someone that was done DIC could ride it. Where the police get the guys riding MTB bikes is that they grossly exceed the 300w rule, so could be done for no reg as it should be reg as a moped as well as driving while disq.

kcf, Nov 20, 12:42am