Not much in battery

Page 1 / 2
btch313, Nov 20, 3:40am
Can that make it flat! I mean not much water, sorry.

intrade, Nov 20, 3:44am
it would kill it when the cells are exposed. you need to get destilled water from supersheep auto top up above cells . if battery is 5 years old then its probably soon dead .

btch313, Nov 20, 3:46am
Yes, cells exposed. Thanks.

btch313, Nov 20, 4:00am
Ok, I filled it up and it still wont start. Just goes click, click.

splinter67, Nov 20, 4:01am
You need to charge it putting water in it will not give it a charge

intrade, Nov 20, 4:02am
well you got to charge it first . i guess its a not a calcium battery.
the clicklick means there is no power left in the battery

bellky, Nov 20, 4:03am
Might pay to try and recharge it :) either by charger or push starting and then driving for 10mins or so.

If it's not the battery that's the problem, you've got a starter motor or solanoid problem.

intrade, Nov 20, 4:03am
also inspect what the lead plate look like are they straight or buckeld on each cell. keep lids unscrewd when charging with charger.

bellky, Nov 20, 4:04am
Yep^ and if the battery is bulging out of shape anywhere she's stuffed.

btch313, Nov 20, 4:07am
Thank you all. Can I push start an auto in neutral! There is no one here to help to jump start.

btch313, Nov 20, 4:08am
Now you are really scaring me. Its just a click, click sound I get.

splinter67, Nov 20, 4:10am
Who are you ya aint bellky because your being helpful and you havent edited your posts or have you finally learned something

intrade, Nov 20, 4:10am
he means the battery is stuffed then not the car. and no you cant push-start a automatic its whywe like manual cars better as mechanics.

intrade, Nov 20, 4:12am
how did you get the destilled water if i may ask!

btch313, Nov 20, 4:14am
I used cold water from the jug, previously boiled. I was desperate and thought it would start if I put water in it.

intrade, Nov 20, 4:15am
ah well kiss the battery good by now.

btch313, Nov 20, 4:20am
Its ok, AA are bringing me a new one.

intrade, Nov 20, 4:24am
make sure they fit the correct one not fit one with wrong therminals . i seen it often in cars from AAcauses problms with it later on if it dont fits the therminalsright.

btch313, Nov 20, 4:29am
Is tap water not good! And how will know if the AA guy has used the right therminals!

btch313, Nov 20, 4:29am
Is tap water not good! And how will I know if the AA guy has used the right therminals!I dont even know what therminals are.

intrade, Nov 20, 4:33am
the things that go on to the battery are the therminals from the car they got to be the same shape to match not have cutaway half of the therminal with a hole thru it on the battery , unlessyour car has that system. because if they use that non matching system it causes issues with powerflow after some time and then people start bashing and messing on the therminal making the problem worse by destroying the battery seal causing corosion on the therminals .

intrade, Nov 20, 4:35am

btch313, Nov 20, 4:39am
Yes, it looks like that now, I just checked. I have a red one and a blue one. Thank you.

intrade, Nov 20, 4:41am
maks sure they fit not a battery with half cut away therminals , as thats what they mostly haveand try to sell because they got no other batterys on board.

btch313, Nov 20, 4:43am
I told him the make and model of car so he must know what I need. But will check he doesnt cut the therminals.