Not much in battery

Page 2 / 2
splinter67, Nov 20, 4:44am
Intrade look at what the op is posting not a car person you are confusing them

intrade, Nov 20, 5:06am
i was going to post a picture of a wrong battery from AA but tradme wont let me just hangs on the picture and the imageshack site wants me to sign up and confirm also first.

intrade, Nov 20, 5:08am
check the therminal matches like in the picture . the batterys they got come with precut therminalsand a hole thru it so they can use it for all cars on brake downs . good for them badfor you after if you get such a wrong onesold, as they are not cheap afterall.

saxman99, Nov 20, 5:14am
Terminals.

a18a, Nov 20, 5:14am
last thing you want is dodgy therminals. make sure you mention it to the AA guy so he knows you know your stuff. this will prevent him from taking short cuts

intrade, Nov 20, 5:15am
http://oi49.tinypic.com/2hclvus.jpg

look at that battery that is the wrong one for your car if you got the therminals i posted before.
these will only clamp half and then cause problems and then people start bashing the therminals out of frustration and then the therminal corrodes like it did on that. Was fitted by AA wrongly and not the first one i seen.

kiwirod, Nov 20, 5:40am
My therminals are pink and keep me warm in winter lol

btch313, Nov 20, 10:59am
ok. AA guy bought the wrong battery, too small. But he got me going and will bring a bigger battery tomorrow. Had to jumpstart car again to get home tonight. Jeez, all I want is a battery.

intrade, Nov 20, 7:38pm
i warned you lol. maybe your one hasrecoverdnow. i somehow doubt it do it was probably toast before you filled the wrong water even.

splinter67, Nov 20, 7:44pm
No intrade you warned her about the therminals I think you meant terminals OP if your still around take it to an autosparky they will be more help than aa and possibly cheaper

noswalg, Nov 20, 8:30pm
It sounds like the damage caused to the battery is therminal! Best get a new one.

supernova2, Nov 20, 9:21pm
BUT didnt you say you had told them the make model etc of your car.I'd go to an autoelectrician and then tell the AA when to put their rubbish service and battery.

the-lada-dude, Nov 20, 9:27pm
if it's of any interest i'm trialling a chemical additive to sulphated batteries and getting v good results, i am thinking of selling the product on line.

btch313, Nov 20, 9:30pm
haha, have got a new battery from AA and he was shaking his head and laughing when I mentioned the ';therminals' intrade. He didnt cut any wires, just connected up new battery, tested it and I made him a coffee. As he was leaving he said 'by the way they are called TERMINALS. He now has another silly woman story to tell his mates! But I dont have to put any water in the new one so thats good.

splinter67, Nov 20, 9:31pm
Good to hear that your up and running again

btch313, Nov 20, 9:35pm
Thank you, my therminals are all good too cos he said so.lol

thunderbolt, Nov 20, 9:40pm
Maybe winter batteries have therminals!

You must have been sold a summer battery.

btch313, Nov 20, 9:51pm
haha yes, thats what I thought too. I really wanted a pink battery but they didnt have any. Will make a little knitted jacket for my battery in winter.

nightboss, Nov 21, 12:29am
If your car has battery or starting trouble it will still be covered by the AA 12 months warranty.
The AA guy will also have checked the charging system is working at time of battery replacement too. If the problem was more than battery it will reveal itself within a week, rare though, I think you will have done enough to sort out your car flat battery troubles. Well done.

If you are want some peace of mind should whis happen again. You can get "jumper leads" from supercheap. Or the heavy duty winter ones with insulated therminals called "wolly jumpers" from soup-of-sheep.

3tomany, Nov 21, 1:35am
next time just ring aa and dont use youre computer for advise it will only make you look blonder lmfao reading this thread

btch313, Nov 21, 3:18am
Hey, wasnt me who mentioned therminals in the first place. Car is running lovely now, Im so pleased its sorted. He even took the old battery away to dispose of properly.

splinter67, Nov 21, 3:26am
Yup anyone notice the flashlube salesman aint been back in here