They want $6000 for a fuel pump?

Page 1 / 4
mums.toys, Dec 17, 6:39am
my holden rodeo has destroyed its fuel injector pump.the holden dealership wants 6000 plus labour to install a new one.we sent it away to see if it could be reconditioned but its buggered.would a seconhand one be okay and what might i expect to have to pay!

really stinky so close to xmas

mokaubach, Dec 17, 6:42am
Does it come with a free engine!. Ridiculous price. What year!

mums.toys, Dec 17, 6:43am
2003 rodeo

bevharris1938, Dec 17, 6:43am
Go second hand at any wrecker , they can source one for you, or try importing one yourself off ebay or similar.

mums.toys, Dec 17, 6:43am
they said they have never in their years at the service department had to order in the part, so it seems it dosnt happen often

bevharris1938, Dec 17, 6:44am

dent, Dec 17, 6:45am
That must have the 3000cc engine in it. You could proberly get a second hand pump then get it reconditioned and installed and still get a smaller bill at the end.

mums.toys, Dec 17, 6:46am
what would i need to look out for to make sure i get the right thing!(if ordering from overseas)

mums.toys, Dec 17, 6:47am
i sent it away to get recon but they said its too buggered, they did however have a recon 2nd hand one they would sell me for 4600! just unreal

bevharris1938, Dec 17, 6:49am
$6000 is BS , dont do it.

intrade, Dec 17, 6:52am
you should run flashlube or similar diesel additive to prevent destruction of diesel pumps. also crutual is the change of fuel-filters i would change em ever 10,000km or once ayear no matter what.

mums.toys, Dec 17, 6:52am
noway im not going to,i had to take it to the holden dealership so they could plug their computer in to diagnose the problem.thats when they told me 6000 for a new one.my dad has a mate who is a mechanic who said they would get me one at cost, but thats still over four grand.im wondering how much a secondhand one would be(not reconditioned)

kazbanz, Dec 17, 6:52am
e bay australia -----

mums.toys, Dec 17, 6:53am
we had it serviced every ten thousand kms but i think it was oil filters not fuel filters thet changed

intrade, Dec 17, 6:53am
your injectors will be rooted next from ulsd and no lube. you want to fit DLC injectors if possibile. morreys seem to have a good diesel lube also i will have to test that one soon with cetan booster.

intrade, Dec 17, 6:56am
commonrail pumps can be ordered form germany i dont know if yours is especially expensive but i seen em for 449 euro in exchange
https://seekpart24.com/

rob_man, Dec 17, 7:00am
$6000 would probably buy one of the fuel pumps on a gas station forecourt.

mums.toys, Dec 17, 7:02am
is that a fuel injection pump!

mums.toys, Dec 17, 7:02am
i thought it might buy a whole engine

intrade, Dec 17, 7:03am
its a isuzu acording to wikipedia D-max v6!

mums.toys, Dec 17, 7:06am
hmmm not sure what the engine is

intrade, Dec 17, 7:07am
the problem is new pumps of the old generations are hugely expensive you would need secoundhandand then making sure its not getting nuked it is the ultra low sulfur diesel that dont lubricates enough plus it also draws water with the fuel. Do research "ULSD-problems" plenty on the net The correct additive will prevent any problems best so far is flashlube only thing that dos not do is bring cetan rating hiher from diesel. but does the rest like protect from corrosion lube and keeps seals soft .

austingtir, Dec 17, 7:08am
Holden parts for an isuzu motor.What a crock.Somewhere along the line someones making a killing.

mums.toys, Dec 17, 7:08am
actually the place that is fixing it for me is an izuzu dealer, they tried plugginh their computer into it to see what was wrong.i remember him saying it might work because its the same engine

mums.toys, Dec 17, 7:10am
so are you sayingi should be looking for an izuzu part!