Back on track

Page 1 / 6
jmma, Jan 1, 11:20pm
Lets start 2013 off on the right track, Here's to a good one (o;

doomy999, Jan 2, 12:45am
There is a simple fix, is to ignore any posts from the nasties.
Or to install the software you are using to be able to ignore the nasties on this message board.
If every one done that, the problem would dissapear over night.
thank god the worst prolbem is on holiday. Lets hope that its a permanent one.

craig04, Jan 2, 1:28am
For as long as I can remember, I have loved cars. Unfortunately I have no real practical abilities or experience and have little to offer aside from my own experiences with certain makes and models. Whilst there are many times when I can't help myself and post some sort of piss-taking comment, I don't get nasty.

Of late I have been a lurker and not posted. This board has become quite a vicious place of late with some petty bickering which often becomes personal and rather pointless.

This is a great forum with some very knowledgeable posters offering very good and sound advice and is very helpful for me to learn from too. I like a.woodrow's suggestion of only posting what you would be prepared to say to someones face. Keep it fun (and witty too!) and ignore the nasties.

snoopy221, Jan 2, 1:41am
This board has become quite a vicious place of late with some petty bickering which often becomes personal and rather pointless.

It's a pretty general consensus it has become a cesspit.

With a lot of the more knowledgeable being banned- or simply giving up.

After all a poster gets banned and then suddenly a whole lot of threads and posts disappear.

members here can not mention who-and yet the unmentionables can stillcontrol what is posted-and who can post.

Even though the consensus is that the effective bad apples were spoiling the forum.

ksam, Jan 2, 3:05am
Me too, he has an opinion, all good, I don't think Ive ever seen him be abusive, there are often the Ford / Holden banter, he just has a VW passion.

unideck, Jan 2, 7:39am
I'd almost given the whole deal up, still may but hope "maybe" some day soon it could get back to how it was a couple of years ago. Unlike some I actually know who narked me up for offering to "give away for free" a pair of Range Rover air bags I had listed here and I know hes still here! That aside, and moving on, I still owe Jazz a few welding lessons from memory.

Come on Jazz, new building extension starts in the new year and the new BOC remote welder needs a workout :) haha

doomy999, Jan 2, 8:53am
Wow, love your trailer!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 2, 9:04am
Don't worry I haven't forgotten unideck!

Unfortunately I am a bit bogged down with projects here at the moment (Mrs Jazz has been waiting over a year for the other 3/4 of her kitchen).

However once that is done I will have a go at getting in touch. I really am super keen to come bother you with stupid questions while I melt holes in things, sometime when you have the time and are feeling super patient!

I will bring something fun and Italian for us to try on those excellent Coromandel roads. and no. it won't be the Multipla. unless you really want!

unideck, Jan 2, 11:18am
Hey whenever your ready drop in anytime. Accumulated a few new toys in the last year, bit of an upgrade thing, wife recons its a man thing but hey its all good :)

unideck, Jan 2, 11:21am
Cheers, got a tad carried away on that one haha have a similar one starting this month but its 11m long! thats going to be interesting :)

johnf_456, Jan 2, 10:35pm
don't let the narks stops you mate, you have some very good advice. Especially with trailers, i may even need help myself at some point with the three trailers in the backyard. b. Is on holiday so that will ease the stress abit.

doomy999, Jan 2, 11:02pm
That sounds really funny comming from you since you used to back him up when he was giving others crap.
I thought he was your best buddy!
Now you're happy to have a go at him when he's gone!

johnf_456, Jan 3, 2:35am
Who's to say we are even on the same page here

doomy999, Jan 3, 8:43am
yeah right.Who you trying to kid.

jmma, Jan 3, 9:36am
Just a reminder doomy999(o:

johnf_456, Jan 3, 9:39am
Such a kind person wishing bans upon members, but of course that would be different if boot was on other foot.

theram1, Jan 3, 9:41am

doomy999, Jan 3, 11:40am
yep, you are right.I think it's time to get off my backside and install the software kaz was talking about so I can just ignore him.Thanks for the prodjmma!

Kaz can I ask what the name of that little script or program that you use to ignore the trolls!.

doomy999, Jan 3, 11:49am
The difference is I was never his mate. But then I think any further conversation is wasted on you.
Its like talking tohttp://tinyurl.com/282refe
This is the last conversation you and I will ever have!

johnf_456, Jan 3, 11:51am
Whos mate do you think I am, I think you have the wrong end of the stick here.

I don't take anyones side, please explain.

doomy999, Jan 3, 10:48pm
Awesome.
cheers Kaz. found it from one of your old posts and it works a treat.
No more trolls lol.

johnf_456, Jan 3, 10:49pm
Yip friendly_prawn

kazbanz, Dec 30, 12:00am
"a poster" on this message board started a thread on how we can get the MMB back to how it used to be. I thought I'd try again and see how we get on.
Aparantly nameing posters is the reason the last thread got pulled so lets not name names.

jmma, Dec 30, 12:05am
I'm a starter for that kaz, my suggestion is to ignore or vote posts off that you dont agree with.
Certain posters just lurk and wait for other posters to post and then jump on them, they can be valuable posters too.
One that gets jump on, he plays a piano, comes to mind, lets just stop the in fighting and get back to helping. A bit of fun doesn't go a stray either (o:

kazbanz, Dec 30, 12:05am
My first thought is to quote "Lil Mikey jackson"
I'm looking at the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways."
Rather than looking to fix other peoples actions and reactions looking to change what I do is the first step.
One poster has openly admitted he hates the online persona that is "me'
The best way to deal with that person has been to totally ignore anything they post. -like clapping with one hand theres lots of waving around but not a lot happens.