Back on track

Page 2 / 6
jmma, Dec 30, 12:12am
Quote from my post in the other thread last night.

Banning is not the answer, letting them know we won't tolerate the in fighting and picking on certain posters would be better.
I do believe that even the trouble makers would have something to offer, if they pulled their heads in and thought about it.

the-lada-dude, Dec 30, 12:32am
luckily none of that applies to me, ! never admonish other posters !

neo_psy, Dec 30, 12:33am
Not sure there's a lot you can do, Kaz. Most web forums get to this point (you and I are members of one in particular) where it ends up full of trolls and infighting and whinging and complaining.

kazbanz, Dec 30, 12:36am
Ahh shaddup and go feed the baby :-)
Think back though -what forum within that site was empty of trolls etc!

snoopy221, Dec 30, 12:37am
Well at the end of the day, I post here because I enjoy this board, I learn new things, have a good laugh at the more interesting threads, and try from time to time to add a little from my own experience. The past couple of months particularly I've noticed things have been going downhill, we have newbies come on asking for advice and getting flamed and some posters being heckled for having a different point of view, jazzpianoma for one. It's pretty sad when someone offers an opinion only to be torn apart by a half dozen posters with nothing worthwhile to add to the thread. The personal attacks are getting a bit beyond the pale, people wouldn't have the stones to say to someones face what they would happily say on here.
It's easy to hide behind a keyboard but I propose that people only post what they would say to a person standing in front of them, and I think we would be all better for it
a.woodrow (171 )11:39 pm, Sat 29 Dec #5

Bring back fish (melissa!)

THAT.is PRESCISELY what IS needed

now we can not bring back fish
it IS trademe's forum we are merely peasants

However we have ONE vote for fish

That alludes to a *wrongful dismissal*

30 to 50 votes and trademe might listen to THEIR own people- on the floor.

Maybe! they HAVE done it before.
zeph was banned and reinstated

In a NUTSHELL

This whole scenario started with kazbanz being on the scene of a fatal accident.
IT HAPPENS.

And a *nameless* member Beyond Any Doubt DID make comments in threads about that incident.

kazbanz IS an accepted poster here- if his personal life has led him to post with feeling i feel
WE AS A COMMUNITY ACCEPT THAT

He has helped a LOT as a lot of us has.
This thread needs INPUT FROM ALL.

Let's ALL try and make it a better board.

And YES we all KNOW johnf_456

But why not accept his voice of injustice unilaterally!
After all a post of his i WILL find- and if! someone takes offence and i get banned for reposting/qouting it so be it.

And if that scenario happens THEN kick it in to play-

RIGHT!
WRONG!
Group vote by post.

That Simple.
snoopy221 (309 )11:42 pm, Sat 29 Dec #6

a.woodrow wrote:

Well at the end of the day, I post here because I enjoy this board, I learn new things, have a good laugh at the more interesting threads, and try from time to time to add a little from my own experience. The past couple of months particularly I've noticed things have been going downhill, we have newbies come on asking for advice and getting flamed and some posters being heckled for having a different point of view, jazzpianoma for one. It's pretty sad when someone offers an opinion only to be torn apart by a half dozen posters with nothing worthwhile to add to the thread. The personal attacks are getting a bit beyond the pale, people wouldn't have the stones to say to someones face what they would happily say on here.
It's easy to hide behind a keyboard but I propose that people only post what they would say to a person standing in front of them, and I think we would be all better for it

A+
theram1 (38 )11:44 pm, Sat 29 Dec #7

johnf_456 wrote:

Bellky delete that language

neo_psy, Dec 30, 12:40am
Heh - when it started, it would have been people with a common interest helping each other out.

Then, as it got bigger, more morons turned up who only wanted to troll and abuse people who actually knew what they were talking about.

Main reason I haven't visited for months. Just can't be bothered with the rubbish.

bigmacca, Dec 30, 12:41am
i dont post that often on here but generally get great advice from fellow tmmb people.i think jmma and kazbanz are on the right track but it really is up to the individual to show abit of dignity and not stoop to making personal attacks against people they have never met in person.i have more respect for the guys on here who try to post helpfull info than the guys who feel the need to wave their sword and beat their chest because they feel everyone must accept their opinion as gospel.i think the events on tmmb motoring over the last week have shown how petty things have become.as kazbanz is saying maybe we all need to take a hard look at ourselves and decide if we want this forum to be about cars and helping each other or just another online site where we slag each other off and lose the guys who want to help but cant be bothered for fear of people namecalling.

ralphdog1, Dec 30, 12:51am
Whilst you are right the trouble is that the individuals that are making this an unpleasant place don't have those social norms inbuilt.

I think Kaz is on to it, if all the "normal" posters ignored the idiots they will go somewhere else eventually where they get a rise when they are in baiting mode. There are not any other practical options when we have zero control from a moderation perspective.

bigmacca, Dec 30, 1:05am
yes fair call ralphdog1.its easy to ignore the trolls and guess your right if you dont pay them any attention they might leave.hopefully.

gammelvind, Dec 30, 1:07am
As one of the recent regulars, a troll free MB would be great if a little unrealistic, but certainly something to try an achieve. So long as we don't go dull and take the fun out of it, a bit of friendly stick poking is good, can't see you lot letting it get dull anyway.

kazbanz, Dec 30, 1:28am
Not thinking of anyone in particular here but when reporting a post for offering help IRL maybee the informant could take a step back and think
"what does this poster have to gain by helping out in this way!"
Rules are in place for a reason. If that reason isn't being messed with then why not leave things alone !

edangus, Dec 30, 1:33am
Yup, we still gotta have fun. A man who cannae take a wee bit o stick is nae a man at all

edangus, Dec 30, 1:34am
As an idiot, i have taken offence on behalf of all idiots, morons and imbeciles alike.

jmma, Dec 30, 1:35am
Eeewww, a man taking a bit of stick, not sure I like that one (o:

theram1, Dec 30, 1:37am
chebry wrote:
Find a big valve 202 head I had one on a 192 it went like stink and could cruise at 145 all day in a HQ van

don't be ridickulous !

the-lada-dude (33 )8:59 am, Sat 29 Dec #8

Tongue in cheek!.

edangus, Dec 30, 1:40am
eeeewwww, I didnae type it that way, but it certainly implies it.

a.woodrow, Dec 30, 3:39am
Great that people are taking the issue to heart, I stand by what I said in the other thread, I propose we all only say things that we would say to someone face to face, that would cure 90% of the issues, as for the trolls, guess we can try ignoring them :)

llortmt, Dec 30, 6:01am
As I said in another thread.there used to be a backbone of experienced, qualified, professional tradesmen who regularly posted here. It was a kind of motor trade smoko room to which anyone was allowed access!Even when we had a mad pom in the room off his meds things were not THAT bad and he was ALWAYS the first to help people when he could.
However for me things got so bad I'm now too embarrassed to post here using my business name/account, so I created a personal account at the start of the year.
There are some great guys on this board; I know, I??

gunhand, Dec 30, 6:11am
Ive stopped posting of late, there seems to have been an influx of ones who post the most odd and unuseuall stuff. Most of it very wrong.I amazes me how one or two have such a vast knowladge of everything. I know what I know by actaully doing or have done it and can back it up.
And as others have pointed out, if ya keep throwing meat in the water the sharks will keep coming. And the ones who do keep throwing the meat are as bad as the shark itself.
But yes its getting to be a sad place.

chevcamaro, Dec 30, 6:29am
i second that . now where were we

lazzo, Dec 30, 6:35am
The Piano playing Volkswagen salesman does my head in at times! Whilst there is often some good points put forward I get tired of the single solution approach, and the single solution to everything from him is a Volkswagen.

jmma, Dec 30, 6:48am
Easy, don't read it. I for one enjoy his posts, It's like anything, take from it what you will or do your own research.

sr2, Dec 30, 12:09pm
Great thread from kazbanz; as always. I can??

mazzyz, Dec 31, 12:33am
This has to be my favorite car forum of all because of the many varied people who frequent the place. We all love cars, bikes, planes, anything mechanical or with an engine really. Excellent and helpful advice is given freely. Some hilarious jokes and the wit shown own occasion just adds to the whole gig. Everyone seems to be into something different, and most in here make up the great bunch of motoring enthusiasts that we are. Personally what I like the most is that as a bird I have somewhere to hang out and talk about cars, etc; and you guys don't seem to mind, great!

2013 should be good in here if we don't feed the trolls, Happy New Year to all you and yours.

kazbanz, Jan 2, 11:00pm
Maybee its coincidence or bad timing but quite honestly I thought you and at least one of the banned posters were one and the same person.
This assumption was based apon you on several occassions posting within a minute or two of an empty space in a thread.The tone of your posts suggest you were supporting them in their statements. Have a read back through the threads yourself and you'll see what I mean.
-But then again Im told Jazz is my brother from another mother so who knows .