Toyota cover up

Page 2 / 2
gadgit3, Jan 7, 12:29am
Lets not forget these US built Toyotas use local content. And the parts that are suposedly failing are US only build.

bill-robinson, Jan 7, 1:48am
yes, but toyota still sell the most cars in the world, and then they just backslide on their liabilities. not right in my book The local content still has a toyota badge so it is still their responsbility.

gadgit3, Jan 7, 2:16am
Yea I'm just pointing out (in a round about way) our vehicles here are a different build and we didn't get these issues in NZ. Any huge Co is going to try to keep thing under cover and away from the press and no Co is immune of the human content withen their staff, and the bad decissions they may make.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 7, 3:46am
Which parts are these exactly!

pickles26, Jan 7, 4:46am
The electrical parts, not uncommon if a car is made in a certain country then parts are made or sourced closer to that country. So i would say throttle bodies, app sensors, injection ,alt ,starter could be made by the likes of delco in mexico.

pickles26, Jan 7, 4:47am
Since our Toyotas are imported the electrical equipment will be made in Japan by the likes of Nippon denso

thejazzpianoma, Jan 7, 7:27am
This sounds wonderful, until you consider that the Prius (at least until now) is not made in the U.S.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. but that is my understanding. All the Prius's that had the problems came from Japan, where all Prius's were made. That's why I don't understand what Gadget and you are on about.

Surely there is something I am missing! (like another country that made them)

guest, Nov 22, 11:44pm
Hello! aebdgca interesting aebdgca site! I'm really like it! Very, very aebdgca good!