Nissan Stagea?

Page 3 / 3
austingtir, Jan 11, 4:40am
What makes you think it preignites on 91!I have run both my v35 and m35 on 91 and as long as you not expecting high performance from them they have been fine.You do get better fuel economy on 95-98 though.

The front shocks in your m35 are basically the same as an american g35 you can get them in different lengths (for lowered cars) if you order either a 350z set or a g35 coupe set.The sedan ones will be close enough to the same length as your stockers.The rear shocks i will have to look into but im sure you can get those cheap somewhere aswell.ROCKAUTO.com for cheap shocks.

You can get an lsd from a 350z. some of them dont have them though so you have to be careful.Depending on the final drive your after its a good option have to watch the FD ratios on the 4wd stageas though.

I have 350z track shocks in my v35 and it is very firm and over 100km/h it is extremely planted and if you fit 18" wheels and set the wheel aligment properly these things imo outhandle similar bmw's.

electromic, Jan 11, 5:02am
I drove the same year passat as the wifes Stagea (2002) with a 2.8 V6 and it used more fuel in the same driving conditions. It wasn't any faster side by side with the stagea. It was over 6 decibels louder in the cabin than the stagea, the steering was awful, the brakes were barely ok, and it had some small rattles in the bodywork. It had low kms and a full dealer service history. It was cheaper than the stagea too.The stagea has better steering feedback, better brakes, and has no unusual sounds at all. Happy wife happy life!

austingtir, Jan 11, 5:15am
Jazz and co are just going to have to face facts that the v and m series nissans are good quality value for money cars.

electromic, Jan 11, 5:18am
I put in new factory shocks all round as part of the 120 000km service at $454ea front and $300 ea rears it was all I could get.
91 fuel makes the stagea ping/rattle like nothing else I have ever experienced before.
Thanks for the diff info, I will change it out one day. I nearly got it stuck in the mud one day and went why have a RWD without an LSD.

We run 245/45/18's and it handles well, I need firmer springs in the back when I carry my full band P.A system and lighting rig in the boot. This rig only fits in a falcon/stagea wagon with 4 people on board too, It was one of the tests I put over 15 different wagons through.

austingtir, Jan 11, 5:24am
The suspension in the v35/z33 and m35 (4wd might be a little diff) is basically exactly the same (with changes in height and damping) except the m35 has a re-designed rear suspension to suit the load volume capacity.This means that most parts cross over so you can use shocks from the 350z to lower and firm the ride up.Or use sports shocks from the infinity g35 (sport) to firm the ride up but retain the same height.Very cheap on ebay or Rockauto.com

electromic, Jan 11, 5:50am
Thanks for tips regarding the shocks I will remember to look there or ask you if I get a 350rx or when the 250 Rs needs them again, I usually replace shocks every 100 -120 000km as a service item.
To the OP sorry to train wreck your thread, take some cars for a test run towing your load before you buy and get what works for you. I wanted the ARX turbo four wheel drive stagea but the missus said no so settled for the 250. Try the facelift 250 as well, the transmission is different. Use a trans cooler and service the trans if you get one. If you need a list of what to look for when buying a stagea, just ask and I will help.

richardmayes, Jan 11, 7:31am
Oh get a life you sad, self-absorbed individual. This isn't about you.

Real people I know have been burned, bigtime, by some of the cars you espouse on here.

rovercitroen, Jan 11, 2:32pm
Austingtir - thanks for shock info. I have been considering upgrading my Stagea 350 RX to some new firmer shocks. Its a little wallowing in the rear with a load on board. Done 120kms though so they are likely to be original.

un_known, Jan 11, 7:30pm
the passat does produce more torque at lower rpm though. 280nm@3200 vs 270nm@4400 for the VQ25DD.thats a decent amount of tug down low where u need it.But i know what I'd rather own and it wouldnt be the VW. The brakes really are bad, sphincter tightening bad.

electromic, Jan 11, 9:40pm
Yes to be fair the 2002 passat did have some good points. low down torque, nice trim, great seats in leather and. i will have to check my list.On a side note a family members 2000 passat 2.8 4 motion was a complete piece of unreliable junk that failed every wof. Even at 40 000 km it felt tired.

charles.j, Jan 19, 9:16pm
Hi everyone, I ended up getting a 2005 Stagea (2.5L v6).
Drives brilliantly, has more than enough power to tow the ski, and the boot is huge. Thanks for all your help guys

chebry, Jan 19, 10:26pm
Id doubt there are any real figures for a Stagea it wasnt even meant to escape Japans Domestic market

chebry, Jan 20, 12:15am
You might find VWs and other euros arent as scared of corners that you need to be standing on the brakes constantly as in the datsun

austingtir, Jan 20, 5:30am
Have you driven one!I suspect not.The stock wheel and tire packages are about the only issue with the handling of the v and m series nissans.springs and shocks can be obtained from the sportier models so its not really an issue.I would be amazed if any passat can outhandle my gt8.

00quattro00, Jan 20, 5:30am
Did they not stop the car!

electromic, Jan 20, 9:21am
Thanks for getting back to us, not many people do. Congrats on your purchase.