Recommend me a 7 seater.

Page 1 / 2
kelvin70, Jan 26, 8:57am
We are looking a getting a new vehicle.The extra seats can be fold away.What do you recommend!

ally-oop, Jan 26, 8:58am
3 corvettes, and a harley-davidson.

kelvin70, Jan 26, 9:00am
Ha, ha.Would be nice but no budget for those.

pico42, Jan 26, 9:21am
Defender 110

thejazzpianoma, Jan 26, 9:32am
What price range! New or Used!

arrithedog, Jan 26, 9:47am
Bought a Nissan Largo nearly 9 years ago the day we arrived in NZ, just to put us on till we had time to look properly. Still got it ! Despite regularly deciding it's time to change it, we've yet to find anything better.

mugenb20b, Jan 26, 10:16am
The latest shape Honda Odyssey or Mazda MPV.

austingtir, Jan 26, 11:29am
Yeah if you read my post above i only posted it as it shows how the seats fold up.That particular one is a bit homosexual with the chrome wheels and price.

arrithedog, Jan 26, 8:52pm
The Bighorn is 7 seats to, and I love it. But nowhere near as flexible as the Largo / Elgrand for space when you need it.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 26, 8:58pm
I would go for a VW touran, and enjoy a nicer easier to maneuver vehicle with half the running costs. Loads of room with the back seat down which properly folds completely into the floor leaving you a big high wagon space. The rear seat is proper safe seat though with 3 point belts etc. Plenty of go too from both the 2.0 Diesel or Ultra efficient 2.0 FSI Petrol even when compared to the absurdly thirsty 3.5 Elgrand.

Starting to come up for very reasonable money now too.

russ18, Jan 26, 9:04pm
Love my 3.5L V6 El Grand, best work van I've ever had.

kazbanz, Jan 26, 9:09pm
kelvin it really helps to know whats important to you in a 7 seater.
Fuel economy! Size! Power! Depending on your needs would decide what 7 seater I'd suggest.-I have about 15I can think of-from a toyota Alphard (makes an el Grande look small) down to a Toyota Sienta (you can get 7 people in THAT!)

edangus, Jan 26, 10:58pm
V6 Outlander. Though the people using the foldaway seats need to be under 5 ft - or have no legs.

db.price, Jan 26, 11:00pm
Kia Sorento R

Great wagons - assuming you want to spend $67K

austingtir, Jan 26, 11:15pm
Bighorns are pretty bad almost anything will massive step up in efficiency and performance over that!

arrithedog, Jan 27, 1:46am
Horses for courses. It does everything I need it to do, never breaks down and does over 650km on a tank of diesel.

gmphil, Jan 27, 2:00am
Toyota granvia or reguis 3.0l turbo diesel good engines

lazzo, Jan 27, 2:12am
Late model Honda Odyssey is the Best 7 seat people mover on the market and drives like a car. If you're looking for something with 7 seats but not a people mover, then there's heaps of SUV's you can look at.

arrithedog, Jan 27, 3:06am
MAZDA ! Jusr remembered, the car I hired last time I went down south had 7 seats, the back 2 cleverly hidden in the boot when not in use. Can't remember which model of Mazda it was, but it was really nice to drive and very economical. Maybe Carstauranga or Kazbanz will be able to telll us what model it might have been!

edangus, Jan 27, 4:22am
CX7 - I prefer the turbo one. Its blimmin nice to drive.

_frodo_, Jan 27, 5:06am
Interesting write up in the telegraph; German cars rate amongst the lowest for reliability. Makes the Odyssey look far better than any Touran alternative. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9815860/German-cars-lose-out-in-reliability-survey.html

matarautrader, Jan 27, 6:36am
Drove up to Whangarei from tauranga today. Seemed that every single people mover was actually a Ferrari in disguise as they were the ones doing all the overtaking. And the ones with body kits. words fail me. How can some plastic around the bottom of an aerodynamic brick turn it into a SS Commodore.

kazbanz, Jan 27, 7:32am
of course one "biased" argument would be that even the worst people mover could out perform,outhandle and outbrake an SS comode. But as you were.

(sorry mon but ya setyourself up for that one)

arrithedog, Jan 27, 7:45am
No it was older than that. Might have been a Premacy, was about 2000-2002 I think.

skiff1, Jan 27, 11:29am
What I don't understand is this, how do people who drive these horrid pieces of automotive impotence end up with so many kids! They must have all their sex prior to buying the vehicle, right!