Are Japanese cars really better then european cars

Page 2 / 4
nightboss, Feb 10, 2:50am
I think I can see his Kübelwagen pulling into the driveway now.

skull, Feb 10, 2:58am
Maybe he has mellowed and will not rise to the bait.

msigg, Feb 10, 3:37am
Alot of parts for all cars come from mitsubishi industries and off shoot companies, of coarse most electrical parts are from countries where workers are paid little, korea for example.

bigfatmat1, Feb 10, 3:39am
Worked on a ffiat the other day no s/h parts available . no new parts in country 2-3 weeks ex Italy $569 for a windscreen washer motor no WOF

bigfatmat1, Feb 10, 3:41am
incorrect

kazbanz, Feb 10, 3:53am
and a cheap jap one wouldn't do I supose!

bigfatmat1, Feb 10, 3:58am
the jets need a special pump because of pressure needed

hyphen, Feb 10, 4:59am
depends on whether you like your cars designed & built by people with the greasyness of the Italians, the arrogance of the French, the sense of humour of the Germans or the panty sniffing habits of the Japanese, imho

_peas, Feb 10, 5:09am
Sounds like you bought the Fiat Genuine parts line too.You could replace the jets with something off a corolla bonnet as well as a generic pump and still come in under the Fiat price tag.

gunhand, Feb 10, 5:15am
Jets are not a universal fitting part. Sure some maybe the same but unless you want to cut your bonnet alot wont fit.

bigfatmat1, Feb 10, 5:15am
Yep your right i could retrofit a substandard system change the wiring to operate two pumps instead of one change piping to rear wiper washer and jetsand charge the customer 500+ for a system i would not be happy with on a fairly new car that does not operate as well as the factory or i could fit a new pump for not much more

mgmad, Feb 10, 11:40am

mugenb20b, Feb 10, 6:25pm
You can buy an aftermarket universal type from Repco for $20 odd. The factory washer motor stays where it is, so you just T into it with a new one and put power supply to it. It looks rough, but it works.

socram, Feb 10, 8:55pm
Some Astom Martins have even been built in Austria.An Aston Vanquish wasn't built in Japan but if look at your atlas, Europe also includes non EEC countries.Some people just miss the point.

bryshaw, Feb 10, 11:52pm
Once when British cars ruled there were garages on every corner busily repairing vehicles. UK motors seemed to continually develop faults, usually due to shoddy assembly and poorly designed parts.

net_oz, Feb 11, 2:24am
Not to mention burning and leaking oil. Thank goodness for the jap imports. It's been years since i was stuck behind a pommy vehicle belching smoke out the exhaust.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 11, 2:31am
What model and year was this!

taurus61, Feb 11, 3:12am
Now it all old clapped out Jap Diesels, at least they are not to hard to get past, but its at the intersection in town were they are worst. People left gasping on the pavement when they move off.

socram, Feb 11, 5:54am
Probably because they don't any more - well, no more than any other high mileage vehicle!

UK is now exporting more vehicles than ever, many with Japanese badges.

kazbanz, Feb 11, 6:02am
Um guess what -07 and newer jap diesels are allowed back into nz as second hand imports

lookoutas, Feb 11, 6:08am
So you'd buy a German car!

thejazzpianoma, Feb 11, 6:14am
I usually buy Italian. that way both sides are covered.

taurus61, Feb 11, 6:23am
So does that mean the older ones now dont belch smoke!

crudeawakening, Feb 11, 6:58am
This whole post and the best comment is,
Aston Martin is not European hahahahahahahahahaha

bigfatmat1, Feb 11, 8:30am
pump is part of washer bottle you cannot draw through the pump there is a valve assy on it . jazz its a stillo arbarth 2010