New vehicle - 800000Km free servcing

tiddles7, Mar 14, 1:05am
Hi there when purchasing a new vehicle with the above deal - what exactly does that statement mean! Whoops 80,000Km I mean

bjmh, Mar 14, 1:11am
i would take it to mean that all scheduled servicing for 80,000km would cost the purchaser nothing,this would include all parts etc.

tiddles7, Mar 14, 1:13am
Do you mean the 10, 20, 30 etc services would be free up to and including the 80.

fiatracer, Mar 14, 1:18am
up until the odo clicks to 80,000. Take it in at 80,001 and you're outside the offer

bjmh, Mar 14, 1:31am
yep quite a few of my utes came with a similar deal and also included free w.o.f for 3 years,usually the offer will be X amount of KM or X amount of years.which ever comes first,i think mitzi offer 100,000km . Just make sure there is no small print that lets them charge you for parts and oil etc

shorebee, Mar 14, 3:06am
prob 20k service intervals,whats the car

yogibearz, Mar 14, 6:03am
Read it carefully the offer will cover standard services. You may have to take it to the selling dealer so if he is miles away that may be a concern. i had several customers a few years ago who purchased cars on a free service basis and lived in the Bay of Plenty and the selling dealer in Auckland was saying its only applicable if serviced by them. Of course you dont find this out till the service is due.It will definitley exclude wear and tear items, ie brake pads,tyres etc.

meathead_timaru, Mar 14, 6:12am
No such thing as a free lunch.

skiff1, Mar 14, 6:21am
Why not ask the seller what it means!

cjohnw, Mar 14, 6:25am
If you are buying a brand new car free servicing can be a real bonus. I am retired and my wife is nearing it. Almost exactly a year ago we decided we would spend some of the nest egg on a brand new car. Peace of mind, no major repair bills etc, etc, and the old car was getting on so we bought a new Ford Focus. Now the first service is due. $449.
WHAT! To change the oil and filter! I protested to the service manager and he reduced it to $290 - still too expensive in my humble opinion. The car has not done 10,000km yet.
Free servicing! Take it!

a.woodrow, Mar 14, 6:32am
Depends on the make and model, I know toyota run a few promotions like this. It is used as an incentive to keep you at the dealer for servicing and can be good value for money. Typically covers all the scheduled services according to the manufacturers requirements, usually does not cover wear and tear items like bulbs, tyres, wipers etc (although some offers include these things as well!) There is usually a small amount of flexibility on the km's, i.e. you can be a few thousand km's overdue - but be careful on the last one as it can be a hassle if you go over to still get it honored.