Hiace supercustom front suspension camber problems

dellboy2, Feb 26, 5:49am
Ok when I bought this van (seven yrs ago) It came out of Japan lowered and on 17" wheels. Did look sexy for a van, but I am over that now, so fitted a pair of factory rear coil springs, that lifted the back up now, enough to be able to get more than a little finger between the bump stops and rear diff.Of course now its far too low at the front so, lifted front up with the torsion bar adjustment bolts.Van now sit level (does look a bit dorky with the non standard size rims) but I'm looking for a set of factory 15" wheels.Now my problem is.standing in front of the van looking at front wheels, the cambers all screwed up. (as a rough guide the top of the wheel is about 10-15mm of vertical) leaning in at the top.Can I adjust this myself, or will a tyre wheel alignment be the way too go, need to get a rear tyre anyway.Plus the fricken clunking from the front suspension as well.Thanks in advance for any help

vpholdie, Feb 26, 5:54am
needs a wheel alignment for sure

newtec1, Feb 26, 7:51am
You have negative camber,and has been mentioned will need a wheel alignment,not only the camber but caster as well,especially if you have altered the ride height.I think they are wishbone suspension,if so the top wishbone will hold the adjustment.

cowlover, Feb 26, 11:04am
Altering the torsion bars will have altered the camber.As you wind up/down the height the camber goes out/in or should that be in/out.Are the 17" tyres the same rolling radius as the correct 15"! If smaller you wil never get the ride height correct without stuffing the camber.