6 cylinder Camaro not special interest !

Page 1 / 2
jgoater, Mar 16, 3:38am
6 cylinder Camaro's are not considered high performance vehicles for Catagory A special interest exemption.
They also made over 30,000 six cylinder ones in 1996 (must be under 20,000) and as a result, they are certainly not classic or collectible.
That leaves 1 out of 4 (2 door coupe) and you need 3 out of 4 to qualify.
Someone's going to be disappointed.

smac, Mar 16, 3:42am
Well, they say they have the paperwork, and you've sited no source.

NZTools, Mar 16, 3:43am
They are even prepared to get it complied for an extra grand

theram1, Mar 16, 3:44am
One thing is for sure, that cars is ugly.

jgoater, Mar 16, 3:52am
They will have the importing paperwork and the application form, but they can't be approved until the new owner submits it for approval. When they do, it will be declined.
I know someone who already tried to get a 1996 camaro done and the LTSA rejected it. They won't reject one and then approve another as they have to be consistent.
It only meets 1 of the 4 criteria and has to meet 3.
Not high performance
Not produced under 20,000 for 1996
Not classic or collectible
Yes, it's a 2 door coupe.
one out of four is not enough.

bellky, Mar 16, 4:02am
That's cool but who cares anyway, really.

smac, Mar 16, 4:03am
You're sure that sub-model is over 20000! What's your source! They may already have something from NZTA, you're just guessing and/or sabotaging this guys auction.

bellky, Mar 16, 4:07am
Yeah, especially when auction states:

".Or $7800 Fully Complied In new owners Name."

May be disappointment but nothing to lose really.

fordkiwi27, Mar 16, 4:11am
such great help.

hatchback, Mar 16, 4:14am
Looks like a Ford Probe

tgray, Mar 16, 5:43am
What's with the number plate!
That's the strangest Mazda MPV I have ever seen.

cowboy110, Mar 16, 6:30am
Can't really see a problem. Yep, I'll pay the money so long as it's fully complied.(If I was that way inclined).No pressure on the buyer in that case. Mind you being a Chevy man that model is probably the the first majorf##k up that Chevrolet made before they got into the 4 cylinder market.

tgray, Mar 16, 6:35am
What the heck are you talking about!
This was a very successful model for Chevrolet, selling literally hundreds of thousands of them from 1993 - 2002 before being discontinued.

cowboy110, Mar 16, 6:57am
Nah, she's pretty ugly.On par with the Ford Probe. Camaro Gen 1 and 2, awesome. Gen 3, take it or leave it.Gen 4 .screams jappa. Doesn't do it for me.

theram1, Mar 16, 7:03am
Probe cavalier cross.

pebbles61, Mar 16, 7:07am
Damn that's ugly lol

tgray, Mar 16, 7:13am
What about gen 5! (2010-present)

dr.doolittle, Mar 16, 7:47am
Or a 2x door Taurus.

pnh4, Mar 16, 7:52am
The kinda whale I cut up.

cowboy110, Mar 16, 7:57am
Yep starting to look better.Park the same model Mustang and Dodge Challenger next to it and it looks pretty ordinary.

carkitter, Mar 16, 8:08am
Ford Probe looks fine, quite a daring design in it's day and has aged well IMO. Tell me what else from Ford EU/AU/US in 1992/93 looks better than the Probe!
That Camaro is not pretty and the bleached wood veneer doesn't help.

neville48, Mar 16, 8:09am
where else can you get an american car that looks cool, targa topped and no-one will know its a 6 at glance or when cruizing past and all for 7800 complied.good value for entry level.

dr.doolittle, Mar 16, 8:24am
I bought a C4 vette for $6500. OK it needs a re-vin. or whatever, but it has been registered in NZ& does have plates.
I know what I'd rather drive or be seen in.
My boys love it when I take them for a short 'Test'.
Like I tell my long suffering wife "How will they know whats right & whats wrong, if I don't show them whats wrong"

tgray, Mar 16, 8:24am
I disagree.
Having bought six 2010-2012 camaro's, in my opinion, they are miles better than the mustang or challenger.
The mustang has a fixed rear axle and is basically a 2005 shape apart from a minor facelift in 2010. It is a dinosaur with poor brakes, mediocre handling and in need of a new model.
The challenger looks good but handles like a pig and the 6 cylinder version is in a word, embarrassing.
Ok I am biased, but evaluated them all last year and opted for the Camaro. A true world car and fantastic in my opinion. I have owned the hard top and soft top, the manual and auto and they are incredible.
I have also hired the 6 cylinder Camaro twice in the states (300hp - more than the V8 mustang of 2010) and would say they are a lot of car for the money.
I owned also a 1993 Z28 4th gen Camaro 5700cc and loved it.
Bought it for $10k off trademe 3 years ago, drove it everyday and sold it for $10k on trademe the first day I listed it. Used to be a Ford man - no more.

pnh4, Mar 16, 8:25am
I like the wind thought gone into them but