Opinions please. Hey there i am considering buying this model vehicle any one had any experience with these its imported from ja

intrade, Mar 19, 7:44am
dont know it looks a bit like my mates one his was 94 and them got biodegradable wiring looms. if its year 2000 then it probably is not got that problem like mid 90s ones.

westwyn, Mar 19, 7:48am
The most important thing to check would be the automatic transmission operation, ESPECIALLY in reverse. These C-class Mercs no matter if NZ new, ex Singers, Japan etc, have a reputation for lunching the autos- first sign is they slip badly in reverse- try backing it up a mild hill.

vtec101, Mar 19, 10:00am
Ok. Do you know much else about them !

next-to-normal, Mar 19, 10:18am
mercs went through a dull period after 93,tried to do what the brits did,build quality out the window, and how to make more profit,,but a car with a bad wrap dont sell cars,i have an old 92 190d diesel, very happy with it,am glad i didnt buy newer,,judging by what i read after i brought mine,keep googling, you will find a model worthy of buying, i like the diesels,

budgel, Mar 19, 10:20am
A smallish motor in a largeish body isnt a recipe for automotive happiness in my opinion.

kazbanz, Mar 19, 10:37pm
vtec--PURELY personal opinion. I wouldn't buy one due to the gearbox being a weak link and the build quality dropping away

pnh4, Mar 19, 11:09pm
that & lookn like a mafia gangster wannabe that wont be able to outrun a cop car, recipe for disaster.

pnh4, Mar 19, 11:11pm
In saying that if its got big brakes & a decent diff gofor an 8 conversion.

pnh4, Mar 19, 11:15pm
furthermore owning an uneconomical car these days is considered car trouble so why bother with such a big one.

saxman99, Mar 20, 1:20am
My old man has a C240 (a V6) which has done 630,000k with few problems.No engine issues, has had some trans electronics but not mechanicals.

Has been driven hard, Cosmetically it is now a bit tired.

Still going well.