Fair price for this vehicle?

smac, Mar 17, 10:58pm
I think the seller is being quite patient actually. He has a buy now, and people are making offers in the Q&A.

therafter1, Mar 17, 11:29pm
If you want it you pay it, if you don't, you keep looking !

kazbanz, Mar 17, 11:49pm
Im missing something here Hails. The seller has a price they feel the car is worth. So either pay that price or move on to another car IMO -Lifes too short to stress the small stuff

hails69, Mar 17, 11:58pm
The question is because I have no idea if it is worth what he is asking :-)

therafter1, Mar 18, 12:06am
Then check similar auctions for similar vehicles in similar condition with similar K's being sold by dealers and you will have a ball park figure, but at the end of the day the vendor is asking what the vendor is asking, if you want it you pay what is being asked or you move on !

intrade, Mar 18, 3:47am
they are crap i got one right outside with broken left front axle apperantly all do this so the wreckers no left front hubs usually available. gearboxes also dont last on these

b.m.c1, Mar 18, 3:52am
No .!3 k at the most !

ambo11, Mar 18, 4:56am
Its immaculate, he will easily get his price. Very hard to find one at those kms now, and the cambelt is due both mileage and age wise.
Nothing wrong with these apart from being thirsty on the gas, and they are no sports car handling wise. But a handy wee vehicle which remain popular.

3tomany, Mar 18, 5:23am
he has said he is a dealer so the consumer guarantees act plays a part as to the true profit he will make. you could buy privatly with risk or buy from a dealer with some guarantees, think it is do dear walk away

carstauranga001, Mar 18, 6:42am
I know this dealer and he's a good guy. Sometimes people just push your buttons wrong. Reality is that this is a low km immaculate example. To the above poster saying 3K --- that gets you a 200K Rav with the paint stuffed, not one like this.

fmadams, Mar 18, 6:51am
A vehicle is worth what a buyer is preparedto pay on the day. If it sells then that is what it is worth . If not then if the seller wants to get rid of it he must lower his price. There are hundreds of cars on Trademe that were listed over a year ago and still have not sold. Verdict. obviously overpriced!

outbidyou2, Mar 18, 6:55am
This price for a 19 year old vehicle is look elsewhere material, seriously.

djrandomguy, Mar 18, 9:05am
Rav 4 swb -all the power and luxury of a Corona with none of the space but as a bonus you get a 4wd fuel bill. Pathetic cars from day one for people who don't ask questions.

scarey65, Mar 18, 6:45pm
i had 1 , it was great

kazbanz, Mar 18, 7:57pm
Ive sold Rav4's for very similar money recently. They are still sought after.
Even as a TM auction vehicle with clicking front CV's and not good paint and 200k I have recently gotten 3k. So IMO he is still (just) in the ballpark.
Im NOT saying I'm reccomending paying 6k for a mid 90's car because I'm not. Im just saying they do still fetch that money

tgray, Mar 18, 8:05pm
It is the oldest of the Rav's being a 1994,and it is the less desirable 3 door, but the condition and K's give it it's value.
I would say to the poster, it comes down to whether you are willing to pay $2000 more for this exceptional one or $2000 less for a high K one is average condition.
Only you can answer that.

kcf, Mar 18, 8:09pm
They're popular, and that one is low miles.He'll probably get asking price, or close to it.They're not my cup of tea, but other people like them.

hails69, Mar 19, 3:49am
Thanks for doing this.The first one is nice, not sure about the Will lol.

The problem with asking on here is you get so many differing answers, makes the choice harder really lol.But appreciate the input.

shorebee, Mar 19, 4:14am
thirsty and bumpy, get a pajero io or something a bit longer

onelonly, Mar 19, 2:39pm
armchair experts at work. The seller asks a price and accepts an offer if he he/she wants. Seems to me dealer had a short fuse that day and buyers are under misaprehension that a seller should sell for what THEY want to pay. Both silly.

onelonly, Mar 19, 2:40pm
Look at what else is for sale, its easy.