New vehicle delivery time

fuzzyferret, Mar 26, 4:42am
Does anyone know what the current delivery time is on a navara st!

cypherboy, Mar 26, 5:00am
Do your research before buying one of these.

monaro17, Mar 26, 5:34am
^.and you will find they are very good vehicles, a relative of mine who is a farmer has had 3 now on leases and each have done plenty of kms with no problems. Current one is a 2011 has never put a foot wrong and has done 160,000kms. As for researching it you will always find issues as you will with every car so don't be put off by scaremongers

fuzzyferret, Mar 26, 5:39am
I have no issue with the vehicle, i was just wondering how long would you normally wait for the dealer to get the vehicle in.You are right monaro17, every vehicle has its issues.We have heard nothing but good things about the navara so far

fuzzyferret, Mar 26, 5:40am
i ask about the delivery time, as we have never brought a new vehicle before, and with the nissan deal at the moment, they must be going out the door.

monaro17, Mar 26, 5:44am
I'd imagine it would be no longer than a couple of weeks. I know here in Christchurch the new model Ford Ranger waiting time was up to a couple of months but is now sitting around 2 weeks.

yogibearz, Mar 26, 5:50am
Perhaps you should ask a dealer. they can and do swap stock around between dealers at times.

fuzzyferret, Mar 26, 5:56am
Partner brought one last wednesday in chch before going to oz.(deal was too good to miss).will find out on thursday if its ready, if not they will bring it down for us.I'm like a kid in a candy store, and can't wait, getting impatient.

monaro17, Mar 26, 6:01am
I can imagine- I'd love one of those stx 550 versions with the Renault derived 3.0V6 Turbo diesel engine.

fuzzyferret, Mar 26, 6:02am
oh yes, i would love the 550 too, but that was a little out of our price range.I can still dream, maybe if i win lotto

monaro17, Mar 26, 6:04am
or they may have a mix up and accidentally deliver you a 550 instead! Now that would be nice

fuzzyferret, Mar 26, 6:09am
yep i could handle that too

skiff1, Mar 26, 7:58am
My mums one took four months, just got it recently

xscrew, Mar 26, 11:50am
took seven months for ford ranger year ago

xscrew, Mar 26, 11:51am
still love the ranger though and think it is better than mates navara that he brought as he couldnt wait!

bill-robinson, Mar 26, 7:34pm
i suppose that phoning the dealer and asking them is to easy!

supernova2, Mar 26, 9:26pm
That is insane.There is nothing that I can think of that would make me wait 7 months for a ute to be delivered.IMHO that is like waiting 7 months for a loaf of bread or a bottle of milk.

skiff1, Mar 26, 10:05pm
not really, there is a difference

xscrew, Mar 27, 3:54am
what can i say, we has written off two of them and lived so feel they are safe, i also wanted the upgrades latest model has, we are finally getting ride comfert that usa has had for ova 20 yrs

xscrew, Mar 27, 3:55am
hold up was caused by flooding at factory, and needing cab plus

xscrew, Mar 27, 4:13am
just checked and it was actually 9mths we were told 3-5 mths to start with

supernova2, Mar 27, 6:05am
If you say so but IMHO a ute is simply a wheelbarrow with a motor.Its a means of shifting crap from A to B.My Navara has done over 800,000k and wont be replaced until it stops or falls apart and neither looks like happening in the near future.

xscrew, Mar 27, 6:29am
well having died twice after accident i want something which is safe. not sure now but at the time it was safest. also used as business so a 800thou ute dosent give the best impression. also have custom set up in back which just bolts into upgrade so saves costs on refitting. at time no body had alternative avalible and dont get me wrong it pissed me off big time as it drew out longer and longer