Should a dealer cover car 3 months after purchase

bunny2121, Mar 23, 8:08pm
Question, ive got a 2007 Mitsi 380 which I purchased from a dealer in December.
Now car has started to run really hot and also sometimes shudders while driving like its about to stall.I need to get it looked at as not safe to drive currently, but worried it could cost a bit. Would you expect the dealer to cover that under fair trading act seeing ive only had it for just over 3 months or is that my bad luck.

clark20, Mar 23, 8:22pm
Yes, give them the first chance to check it out and discuss it with the dealer, do not go straight in and expect it until the cause is found.

acura, Mar 23, 8:26pm
That is always a gamble with the dealers - so i got a years worth of mechanical breakdown insurance though AA for piece of mind.

a.woodrow, Mar 23, 8:29pm
depends on what the fault is - if you have got a hole in the radiator caused by a stone then no, if there is something mechanical then maybe

kazbanz, Mar 23, 9:43pm
PHONE THE DEALER NOW!
Sorry for shouting but its really that simple.
If they say its not covered ask them if thats their final word on the subject. -If they say Yes then ask for the name and e mail address of the company owner and the full name of the person you wre speaking to.
Send an e mail immediately to the Owner covering the nature of the conversation,The time and who you were speaking to.
Then say that the vehicle is at XYZ garage for inspection to establish the cause of the issue.
You then take it to XYZ garage.Tell them clearly the situation and ask them to contact the dealers owner to offer the opertunity to view the vehicle and discuss the matter.
You have then apsolutelycovered yourself for a claim under the CGA if in fact its a fault rather than fair wear and tear or accident

extrayda, Mar 23, 9:48pm
More importantly.
Stop driving it until it is resolved - modern cars don't tend to cope well with overheating.
If you kill it by continuing to drive, no-one will be happy with you, and it will cost a massive amount more to fix.(whoever pays).

jfstyle, Mar 25, 6:28am
Agree phone the dealer.remember the dealer is not a mechanic.get a misi dealer to find problem but not fix and give the dealer information to make a call on it.how many Kms will make a difference .

jason18, Mar 25, 6:32am
Dont get mitsi dealer to do anything Just let the dealer take it from here

afer_daily, Mar 25, 6:46pm
have you thought of lifting the bonnet and checking the fluid levels !

meathead_timaru, Mar 25, 9:23pm
They don't want to know all that technical stuff!

icemans1, Mar 25, 10:09pm
i hope ya checked the oil and water within 3 months

bunny2121, Mar 25, 11:45pm
Yea all fluids look fine. Seems like it could be a blocked radiator after talking to a few people.

kazbanz, Mar 26, 12:57am
Its now tuesday.What was the dealers response!

wifiabc, Mar 27, 3:56am
If not wrong, if dealer is MTA member, there is a 100 days warranty if you buy the car for personal use.