Wrecking Caldina, What's it worth?

sorayaking, Mar 21, 5:44am
I've a 98 Caldina with all parts (besides motor) in working order and the panels are all mint condition. I'm considering wrecking the whole car and buying a later model vehicle rather than replacing the engine but I've no idea how much the car is worth as is, any rough ideas!

mugenb20b, Mar 21, 5:50am
$300.

sorayaking, Mar 21, 6:24am
so it may well be worth keeping it and spending the $2k it's gonna cost to get a replacement engine fitted

a.woodrow, Mar 21, 6:29am
Is it turbo or non! 2k is about right for turbo but otherwise I'd be getting a few quotes cos the price seems a little high for a straight engine swap

sorayaking, Mar 21, 6:32am
its a non turbo, ive been quoted $500+gst plus freight for a replacement engine which i'm not sure where the engines coming from but freight i imagine is going to be over $100 at least too. Both quotes i got mentioned doing the water pump and cambelt at the same time which is wise. One place quoted $1500+gst including doing those and the other was about $1200+gst but said it could be more. Hard to gauge without seeing it they said which is fair enough

a.woodrow, Mar 21, 6:49am
I would have thought about $1500 incl gst all up if it's 2wd, maybe a couple of hundred more for 4wd

r15, Mar 21, 7:28am
worth a lot more done than it is to do.

EG- get it done, then sell it if you still want a different car

sorayaking, Mar 22, 2:25am
yea think that is what im going to do.