How much to sell a scrap vehicle?

barrylarry, Oct 22, 9:16am
alot of places offer various quotes for scrap vehicles. i would just like to hear from those in-the-know howmuch is the average value of a scrap vehicle? 1000 kg. 80s. running condition. nothing special

tintop, Oct 22, 9:23am
Steel is getting less and less now days. One price I found for car bodies was
$30 / tonne.

So if you get someone to take it for free - you are probably on a winner.

lugee, Oct 22, 9:54am
Recently got rid of a Fiat Brava with a naff engine, pickup plus $200 cash.

marte, Oct 22, 10:44am
Toyota Vista, autogearbox linkage broken, wouldn't go backwards or stay in one place, no towbar. Good engine.
$120 - minus the Rego top up of $30+ when I cance!led the plates.

=$85.

Still goes, Ali rims x 5 too.

peja, Oct 22, 3:34pm
I've got rid of two craptastic cars on behalf of other people on here in the last couple of years, got about $500 apiece. One was a Mercedes A160, running but unreliable with no WOF and dodgy transmission, known issue with those. Other was a neglected 90's Subaru Legacy wagon with overheating issues, also a known fault with them, Scrappys came and picked up both. The Subaru I can understand wanting for bits, as these are common and semi desirableish, but the Merc's are known to be junk

ridiculousness, Oct 23, 1:39am
You use to get $350 for a full car inc battery up here by the 'broken car collection co.'. They don't have to be a runner, just complete.

jokerboss, Oct 23, 5:10am
hang on, what is it specifically? always a shame to see something nice get crushed

ozz1, Oct 23, 5:15am
worth nothing nowa days. scrap $ gone down hill.

jmma, Oct 23, 5:20am
If it is your Corolla, $1 reserve it on here (o:

barrylarry, Dec 25, 1:09am
fixed the minor issues, and i sold it on for a pittance. there was alot that needs to be done with it, like chassis rust, panel corrosion and suspension. its not worth it IMO. i just needed to get it running so it can drive away. and no i didnt sell it on trademe. I wouldnt let my conscience hound me, selling a car that is not WOF worthy, to someone in the public. thats basically it

i could sell it as a parts car, but i cant be botheres having random people come around my house haha