05 Navara d22 engine swap

ctmh, May 24, 10:32am
have had major failure with yd25 engine, beyond repair. Has anyone had experience with other engine options please?

tweake, May 24, 11:10am
i assume yours would be a 2wd. did it do the usual conrod through the block?
there was a crowd around doing qd32ti conversions.
if you find a crashed 08- onwards common rail version you could swap everything over. need to swap the dash/meters and wiring loom over to.

intrade, May 24, 7:29pm
forget it look if you can bolt a old nissan 6 pot safari in there provided you have a manual trans if its auto then scrap it for parts . or the exact same engine must be fitted and the problem mended why it blew out or it will juts blow out the new engine also.

mugenb20b, May 24, 7:33pm
A lot of people fit TD27 as a replacement, less power but more reliable.

intrade, May 24, 7:35pm
i got a 1982 toyota in my hilux and a black sticker on the check engine light of my 91 hilux as non of the wiring harness is used other then power from one sensor that is live with ignition on and the rpm sensor plug.
On newer stuff that becomes more difficult might not even open your windows if the engine wiring harness is disconnected.
all things to check and a smart alternator if it has one will 100% no longer charge a battery unless everything is working from the original harness. imput outputs to all systems . 05 onwards nissan with smart key you unplug the rear view mirror and its dead no start on petrol engines like wingroad tino cubes and there like

franc123, May 24, 8:20pm
Have you actually seen the length of a D22 engine bay and also the length of a TD42 engine? The only even remotely feasible conversion would be the old 27 or 32 4 cylinder, and even then it would not be that easy unless you had another one to transfer everything over.

intrade, May 24, 8:25pm
yes agree not to mention the compliance cost for changed engine mounts if it wont bolt straight in like my old hilux engine is the same engine minus all electronics

bigmacca, May 24, 9:56pm
the td 27 bolts in with minimal changes. but need the td27 gearbox aswell. there was a bloke on here who was converting navaras that had blown zd30s and yd25 engines and bolting in td27s. go to the navara asia forum as they have all the relavant info needed to do the conversion.

ctmh, May 24, 10:01pm
Cheers for the info. Have access to the td27's at a very realistic price making other costs stack up well. Will check forum. Thanks.

intrade, May 25, 8:24pm
So your one is a manual transmission?

tweake, May 26, 6:42am
its most likely manual, auto are fairly rare.

just a thought, it would be better to go ask on the navara UK forum. the non-CR yd25 d22 is common over there and its fairly rare down under (aussie never got them and nz only got 2wd version).

ctmh, May 26, 6:58am
Yes, ute is 2wd manual.

bert37, May 26, 7:33am
Start price: $1.00No reserve No reserve Closes: Sat 30 May, 9:11 pmWatchlist Listing #: 892619430
check this auction it has all you need to do this !

ctmh, Sep 11, 7:37pm
Bert37, that talks of zd30 motor, mines a yd25 ddti, will the conversion you've suggested work? Forom what i have picked up so far the engine i have is full of all sorts of tech gobbly gook that can make conversions both awkward and expensive.