Police at work

Page 1 / 2
clatty, Nov 24, 1:03am
We see the police hard at it on Waikato roads. pulling up idiots who seem to drive as if it is their day on earth.

sr2, Nov 24, 1:23am
Alien life forms driving on Waikato roads?

desmodave, Nov 24, 2:50am
How many sheep did we see in the paddocks while ya's were out on these Waikato roads

clatty, Nov 24, 4:35am
I saw goats behind the steering wheel

tweake, Nov 24, 5:54am
hope the cops come up this way. idiots galore at the moment. way to many crashes.

tintop, Nov 24, 6:10am
Waikato region is as bad as it gets at the moment. There is a bit of a push on to bring the toll down.

socram, Nov 24, 6:17am
It used to be a lot worse before the north Waikato Expressway was built.

Why do you think the toll is so high? Do you need to dob more people in for their bad driving? Drink? Drugs? Or, just people passing through from other regions?

johotech, Nov 24, 6:25am
Send a few round this neck of the woods. Every day I see courier drivers talking on their phones, and women texting while sitting at traffic lights. Definitely the worst two demographics.

Meanwhile, all the other dopey ones are doing 35kph side by side in both lanes on SH1 through town.

rob_man, Nov 24, 6:30am
Probably not really.

ignition328, Nov 24, 6:50am
The other day at the taupiri roundabout some bellend was tailgating my motorbike all the way from near huntly and when he got to the roundabout flew up the right hand lane then cut back in front of me in the left lane and stood on the brakes to try scare me but he was too close so landed up ducking down the left hand side of him which made him infuriated and he kept moving over on me. Landed up cranking it wide open and slipping through.

He kept dogging the back of me so I opened it up a bit to get rid of him and his angry swipes at me and a cop pinged me for 115. I was pretty annoyed, lesson learned, next time I'll have to make sure I'm going over a tonne and not stop.

daryl14, Nov 24, 7:41am
Shitty shitty roads people. Our government provides us with shitty shitty roads.

clatty, Nov 24, 8:22am
I had a car do this twice because I would not exceed the speed limit in the outside lane. I got the number and had him prosecuted.I could have had him stopped if I had called 111 as there was a cop just up there road. daryl drinking again

daryl14, Nov 24, 8:42am
Just a theory of mine on why we all like getting so angry in our cars.

clatty, Nov 24, 8:48am
roads not that bad here nz. So good in fact it is hard to keep our vehicles speed at any particular speed

daryl14, Nov 24, 5:57pm
Who did you say was drinking? Jesus wept.

clatty, Nov 24, 6:24pm
If our roads were rough as guts daryl as you say, people would not knock their cars to pieces you would think. I am road safety expert /self appointed!

desmodave, Nov 24, 7:01pm
Just come clean and say I am Lonely and i am so glad i found this Forum to get some company.

socram, Nov 24, 8:52pm
NZ roads are no worse in the main than anywhere else and a damn site better than they deserve to be, with just 4 million people.

Auckland does not have a planned roading system suitable for its sprawl and 1 million people.

As you age (mature?), you realise that there are some aggressive nutters who shouldn't be on the road. Just ease off and let them go.

clatty, Nov 24, 10:36pm
sense at last

extrayda, Nov 24, 11:55pm
the aggressive nutters aren't always the ones who are speeding. just saying.

tintop, Nov 25, 12:00am
Yep - double the taxes at the pump!

2get1, Nov 25, 2:47am
why would you just sit in the outside lane, doesn't the road code state on dual lane roads, to keep left unless overtaking. or are you one of these self appointed hallway monitors that sits out there to try and ensure nobody goes over 100km/h If that's your deal you are both an idiot and as big a problem as speeders

clatty, Nov 25, 4:13am
There was 60 approx. passing lane left. came up behind at high speed passed inside jumped in front it brakes twice got prosecuted . No leniency for this guy in future according police message

2get1, Nov 25, 4:15am
wow try posting sober, my 4yr old probably structures a sentence better than that

peja, Nov 25, 4:55am
Texting/ using facebook/ twitter/ whatsapp/ instagram etc while driving. Drink and drugs are also significant, but I have so many people blatantly using phones, tablets and once even a laptop while driving that its clear that this is why the road toll is going up. Speed is incidental, may make the crashes worse but is not now the primary cause