New ACC Vehicle Levy Rates

mrfxit, Apr 11, 6:46am
Vans depends on which configuration it come from the factory as.
Was it brand new as a . >
1: Tradesman type van (empty cargo type)
2: Passenger vehicle with rows of factory fitted seats in the back.

Factory passenger vans get the discount.
Commercial type don't

skin1235, Apr 11, 7:06am
ummmm, ACC took nearly 880M from the vehicle rego to the road account, these reductions cuts that to 330M
given that our pop is approx 4.3M, just how many are on ACC and drawing from the road account per year, $8 per pop head doesn't sound much, 330M sounds blardy excessive

tuttyclan, Apr 11, 9:33am
Does anyone know how much it costs to relicence a petrol car for one month or less as mine expires on the 16th of June.Normal cost is $287.75 for the year.Can this be done online or do I need to go an agent.Thanks.Don't really want to have to pay for three months at the old price if I can help it.

skin1235, Apr 11, 9:39am
roughly $1 per day plus a documentation fee, could be less than $30, just tick the 'Other " box and write in 1 month, not sure if it can e done online, think the min is 3 mnths but try the online, you can back out at any time up until the last step

pebbles61, Apr 11, 11:38pm
I can't believe the vintage ACC is going down too, going to be less than $100 now to tax for the year, woohoo!

tlng, Apr 12, 12:32pm
Sadly looks like my 2011 Suzuki Jimny with a JNCAP rating of 5 stars (out of 6) has been lumped in with a 1980's Samurai/413 and is in band 1.

franc123, Apr 12, 12:52pm
Some structurally identical and safety featured cars that are sold under different brands or names are listed in different bands FFS, the Opel/Holden Calibra is just one example I found.

taintedkitten, Apr 14, 2:22am
Can only pay for three months plus online

next-to-normal, Apr 14, 6:55am
my old lada samaria is a band 1 ,my 1992 merc 190d is band 1,my model has abs and driver airbag, yet earlier model dont,yet they are band 1 too,these cars have good crash test results in their day,tired of this diesel crap too

mr-word, Apr 16, 2:00am
I will save about $7.

monsieurl, Apr 16, 2:59am
Both the 5 series and RS4 are L4. so happiness here!

gazzat22, Apr 16, 3:35am
Yeah ? Like all taxes motorists pay? right tui.

skiff1, Apr 16, 5:06am
taxes? ACC is a levy, generated for a directed purpose. Do you have any proof the ACC levy goes to the consolidated fund?

tazzinem, Mar 8, 12:57pm
the rates are not based on whether your vehicle is petrol or diesel, they are based on crash data between NZ and Aussie, and safety features.

the only reason that diesel vehicles are more expensive to register, is because the full cost is charged in the rego.
Petrol at the pump has an ACC levy included, therefore the rego is cheaper.
technically, petrol users would be paying more, cos they are paying an ACC levy every time they fill up. Diesel cars pay a one off levy